Senior Business Analyst - Data AnalyticsPrimary Location Canada, Toronto Additional Location(s) US, Texas, Plano; US, California, San Jose; Canada, Waterloo Date posted 03/24/2021
Job Title:Senior Business Analyst - Data Analytics
Role Overview:Looking to have an impact? Come be a part of the change as we move into a new era at McAfee. Mission-driven, both at the company and functional level, we share a passion for customers at the core. This highly visible, senior role will report to the Director of Analytics. Analytics offers huge leverage in creating growth for the business – it's a great time to jump in!
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
About the role:
- You will be the analytics liaison between business and data engineering teams to improve results and value through improved delivery of impactful analytic insights, reports and dashboards, data visualizations, predictive models and statistical analyses.
- You will work with stakeholders across the organization to identify, determine and document standard KPIs and metrics, build and validate reports and dashboards to monitor and track performance.
- You will work across different business and technical groups to drive agreement on definition of KPIs.
- You will conduct regular metric meetings to walk stakeholders through latest business trends, analysis and insights.
- You will be an analytics expert, developing and understanding of data about products, consumers and business processes in our data lake and databases
- You will work with product development teams to provide requirements for data capture and ensure completeness and quality of data sent to the data lake
- You will Identify data quality important issues in our data and work with engineering and product teams to improve data quality
- You will oversee end-to-end delivery of reports, dashboards and data products including gathering requirements, working with data engineers and report developers to implement, verifying quality and driving user acceptance testing and adoption.
- You will build and present prototypes and proof of concepts on data to ensure understanding of business use cases with tools like excel, SQL queries, tableau, MicroStrategy and Power BI
- You will create repeatable processes and templates for requirements documentation, technical specifications and data quality testing
- You have 5+ years experience developing, implementing, testing, and maintaining methodologies for standardized and repeatable reporting for a variety of audiences
- You have experience working with data visualization platforms, Tableau and Microstrategy
- You have expert knowledge of SQL
- You have experience with Adobe analytics
- You have familiarity with online data instrumentation and collection, online conversion funnel analysis
- You have familiarity with Data warehousing principles and methodologies like ETL, ELT, Dimensional modeling
- You have 7+ years of experience as Data Analyst, Business Intelligence Analyst or Data Product manager, with at least 3 years in dealing with internet or online industry data
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.