Senior iOS Software EngineerPrimary Location Toronto, Ontario Date posted 09/15/2020
Job Title:Senior iOS Software Engineer
TunnelBear is hiring a senior iOS developer to help us build private, secure and beautifully designed bear-themed apps that are used by over 35M people around the world. As part of the core TunnelBear team, you'll report to the Director of Engineering and work with product, design, backend and security specialists to create the next generation of VPN apps.
TunnelBear, a McAfee company, believes the world is a better place when everyone has open access to information. Our powerful security apps provide a simple way for people to browse the internet privately, wherever they are. As the only consumer VPN to perform annual, independent, 3rd party security audits, our users can trust us to keep their connection secure. Our main office is in beautiful Toronto, Canada, but our sleuth is global.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
About the role:
- Your work will focus on pushing the boundaries of UI/UX combined with a deep dive into networking and security technologies. As a result, you can expect to grow into a sharper, more flexible, and versatile programmer.
- You can count on being surrounded by an inclusive, helpful team to support and strengthen challenges alongside you.
- You will use Kanban, with regular planning meetings that help keep us on track and prevent overload.
- You will contribute to design and code reviews and we're always working to identify best practices for mobile development.
- You have 3+ years experience working with Objective-C or Swift
- You understand the patterns and practices that revolve around the iOS platform
- You know UIKit inside out
- You feel right at home in an asynchronous code base, and comfortable with using Instruments to analyze performance bottlenecks
- You may not be a crypto expert, but you know enough to evaluate a choice of cipher/algorithm and its implementation You have experience presenting solutions and to a wider team and look forward to both giving and receiving feedback You are eager to solve problems that touch different (and maybe unfamiliar) areas of the stack You can slip the occasional bear-themed pun into your release notes
Don't worry, just apply.
If some of the above doesn't line up perfectly with your experience, we still encourage you to apply! If you consider yourself a lifelong learner, a thoughtful worker, and a friendly, supportive, and considerate team member, TunnelBear is the place for you.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.