Senior Sales Engineer – Cloud Specialist (Toronto)Primary Location Toronto, Ontario Date posted 08/28/2019
Job Title:Senior Sales Engineer – Cloud Specialist (Toronto)
As a senior cloud specialist reporting to the Director Sales Engineering Canada, the focus of this opportunity is to effectively and passionately engage with Canada’s Enterprise customers helping them to accelerate their journey to cloud while protecting their infrastructure and data with McAfee’s industry leading cloud security offerings.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. McAfee helps businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously and collaboratively. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats at home and away. With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building best in class cyber security solutions.
About the role:
- Provide vision, strategy and leadership throughout the lifecycle of Cloud security sales campaigns in Canada’s enterprise accounts meeting and exceeding sales goals.
- Engage in a consultative and business-led manner with business leaders, technology architects, solution designers, and partners to architect cloud security solutions in order to uncover selling opportunities.
- Drive both strategic and tactical components of assigned sales campaign to maximize bookings potential including presentation, demos POCs and RFO/RFP responses.
- Drive the security conversation by supporting development of the customer’s cloud adoption model, and providing appropriate recommendations to secure their cloud environment
- Work with SE Directors to help build programs to capture large security cloud design wins while participating in marketing events to draw attention to McAfee’s capabilities.
- Work within the Canada SE team to build knowledge and share industry best practices to help better position McAfee across the customer and partner base.
- Partner closely with the relevant sales teams and other business functions across your theatre to bring the right momentum into the sales process to achieve $1M+ and strategic deals
- Through influence, material, communication, training and example behavior, foster a culture of connecting cloud security to the business through the sales and pre-sales organization.
- Have educational background and/or training in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related disciplines in security information CISSP Certification
- Hold architecture or design certification such as TOGAF, SABSA, CISSP, CISM, CCIE Security, SANS or cloud architecture
- Experience with security architecture frameworks in cloud-based environments (AWS, Openstack, VMware, etc.) is strongly preferred
- Five plus year experience in a senior pre-sales position in a industry leading vendor or consulting company.
- Solution Selling
A strong and proven pre-sales background, with direct experience working in enterprise sales preferably with experience in the Canadian banking industry.
- Technical Skills
Expertise with Cloud architectural paradigms (SaaS/IaaS/PaaS), key providers, and the challenges associated with extending Enterprise security into an integrated platform, with demonstrated ability to understand and contribute to a solution
Have a comprehensive grasp of the McAfee or leading cloud vendor cloud security solutions, and how it can be leveraged to solve customer problems within your focus vertical market and strong background in data security including proxies, firewalls, DLP, etc…, IaaS platforms including AWS, Azure, GCP, etc…, SaaS applications including O365, Salesforce, Box, etc…, and APIs including REST, Webhooks and other technologies relevant to cloud transformation
- Communication Skills
Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal and presentation skills in the boardroom and with larger audiences. Ability to function effectively in ambiguous circumstances; Produces and shares intellectual property in the most productive manner to customers, partners and with internal peers; Strong personal presence, commercial acumen, and extensive experience working with executives
- Problem Solving
Develop innovative and packaged solutions for your vertical, orchestrating partner, theatre and corporate resources to deliver appropriate assets; effectively works with Sales and cross-functional teams to resolve major customer issues.
Company Benefits and Perks:
Our corporate culture and values are central to McAfee’s philosophy. Every day we embrace a more diverse workforce and inclusive environment. We are encouraged to bring our true selves to work. Our wide range of social communities & programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits, all allow our employees to feel valued as people, while enjoying positive and challenging work.
Check out more: Careers & Life at McAfee.
Perks may include:
Pension / Retirement Programs
Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Programs
Paid Time Off
Support for Community Involvement
Unleash your Power … Join our Talent Network: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Shift 1 (Canada)