Senior Technical Product ManagerPrimary Location Toronto, Ontario Date posted 09/17/2020
Job Title:Senior Technical Product Manager
At TunnelBear, we believe the Internet is a better place when it's open and everyone can browse privately. Since 2011, we've helped over 27 million people in 179 countries to browse a more private internet. We're looking for someone to help us scale our infrastructure from 10's of millions to 100's of millions of users. As a Senior Technical Product Manager you'll report to the Director of Business Operations and lead the road map for anti-censorship capabilities and partnerships. At TunnelBear, you'll work with a team of leaders and engineers to figure out how to make TunnelBear the most un-blockable VPN in the world. Rawr!
TunnelBear, a McAfee company, believes the world is a better place when everyone has open access to information. Our powerful security apps provide a simple way for people to browse the internet privately, wherever they are. As the only consumer VPN to perform annual, independent, 3rd party security audits, our users can trust us to keep their connection secure. Our main office is in beautiful Toronto, Canada, but our sleuth is global.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
About the role:
- You will build a strategy focused on optimizing the speed and stability of TunnelBear's global VPN client and server infrastructure
- You will lead a team to discover and write the requirements and acceptance criteria for new features and improvements
- You will research and implement data-driven network performance improvements that maintain the privacy of our customers
- You will collect requirements from internal and partner partners, ensure that our product backlog is prioritized according to business need
- You will write clear use case and requirements documents that explain product functionality and can be accomplished on by the engineering team
- You will prioritize the backlog and daily work for your team (Client Engineers, DevOps and Data) to provide high-quality software
- You will work with our teams (Engineering, Product and Data) to make constant improvements to our internal processes, documentation and development practices
- You have 4+ years experience working as a product manager or technical leader at a software or network company, scaling a SAAS product for a global user base
- You are familiar with core internet architecture (peering, data centers and DNS)
- You have a working knowledge of network fundamentals (DNS, TCP/IP, UDP)
- You have prior software development experience and can facilitate technical discussions for product and provide feedback and inputs in the technical and architectural design
- You have experience setting data-driven goals, with objective success metrics for your projects that your teams can rally behind
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.