Technical Support EngineerPrimary Location Toronto, Ontario Date posted 09/15/2020
Job Title:Technical Support Engineer
TunnelBear is looking for a technically curious new member for our support team. Reporting to the Head of Customer Support, you will work with our Product, Design, Engineering and Marketing teams. With an engaging combination of support work, process development and escalation management you will be the voice of the customer to the wider organisation. The support team helps bring TunnelBear's commitment to our customers in keeping them secure, private, and more confident online.
TunnelBear, a McAfee company, believes the world is a better place when everyone has open access to information. Our powerful security apps provide a simple way for people to browse the internet privately, wherever they are. As the only consumer VPN to perform annual, independent, 3rd party security audits, our users can trust us to keep their connection secure. Our main office is in beautiful Toronto, Canada, but our sleuth is global.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
About the role:
- You will provide fast, personalised communication related to escalated support issues on our platform(s)
- You will become a specialist for Software Development Kit (SDK) product features and troubleshoot them with clients through testing and collaboration with others
- You will spot trends and identify product and process improvements
- You will empathise with every aspect of the customer experience with the goal of improving how, why, and when customers receive support
- You will contribute to the ongoing learning and success of your team and us by sharing knowledge through mentor-ship, collaboration, and improvements to our documentation
- You will share customer feedback with the Product and Engineering teams and support product launches
- You will identify, reproduce, and document bugs for the Engineering and Product teams and to support faster customer resolutions
- You will provide outstanding customer support and keep a pulse on the customer experience journey.
- You will keep a calm and calculated approach to important situations where a quick response and resolution is important
- You have 2+ years experience in a customer-facing role and are motivated by providing outstanding customer support
- You are proficient in English and enjoy creating clear messages on technical topics to customers
- You enjoy teaching customers and team members
- You embrace the challenge of solving problems, both with software and soft skills
- You have a high degree of self-awareness
- You enjoy digging into the unknown
- You have experience proposing changes and accomplishing them
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.