Chief Technical StrategistPrimary Location , Date posted 05/21/2020
Job Title:Chief Technical Strategist
Remote United States
The Public Sector Chief Technology Strategist (PS-CTS) is a senior level individual contributor in the Office of the Chief Technology Strategist for our US Public Sector Business Unit. You will be a customer-facing sales specialist who works together with the strategist team, solution architects, multiple product teams, partners and major customers to collaboratively create and validate cloud security reference and solution architectures. Recognized as a trusted cloud security advisor for a vertical market or multiple cloud security domains. The PS-CTS will strategize with regional sales leaders and partner with the Public Sector account sales teams to build a successful sales and execution strategies across our top Public Sector accounts and help develop new prospective opportunities through security advisory workshops, sharing industry insights, driving customer round tables, presentations and expertise at key events. The PS-CTS approach is consultative, value-based, solution-focused and business-led, sharing credible personal experience and best practices from experience. The PS-CTS will look to provide advice on our customer’s security & cloud journeys and how to maximize their business transformation goals.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
About the Job:
- Provide vision, strategy and leadership for delivery of comprehensive, validated security and cloud architectures based on McAfee products and inclusive of necessary cloud service providers and third-party/SIA//OEM components.
- Participate in a consultative and business-led manner with business leaders, technology architects, solution designers, and partners to architect cloud security solutions to maximize capability while building security into enterprise’s strategies.
- Guide the security conversation by supporting development of the customer’s cloud adoption model, and providing appropriate recommendations to secure their cloud environment Influence the security aspects in cloud transformation strategies of important enterprise accounts by developing executive relationships with regular engagements with CxO or Architects.
- You will be a Trusted Security Advisor to improve security architecture for multiple vertical or domains, based on experience maintaining industry knowledge on latest trends.
- Work with SE Directors and Regional VP’s to help build programs to capture large security cloud design wins, displacements, and provide industry best practices to help better position McAfee cloud solutions in large strategic accounts Strategize with theater Sales and SE VP to build on programs for large customers to create programmatic adoption of McAfee cloud security solutions.
- Partner with the relevant sales teams and other departments across your theatre to bring the right momentum into the sales process to achieve opportunities targeting $1M+ and any strategic deals as identified by sales leadership.
- Oversee and review the response to large and requests for solution sales proposal spanning all cloud security solutions Advocate McAfee’s cloud security solutions at essential internal and external events like SKO, MPower, RSA, Blackhat, Public Sector Summit, cloud platform and partner events, EBCs, user group meetings, industry meetings to present ideas from above.
- Work with corporate and your theatre marketing team to develop executive campaigns, market awareness and sales pipeline
- You have educational training and professional experience in related disciplines in security information CISSP Certification Hold architecture or design certification such as TOGAF, SABSA, CISSP, CISM, CCIE Security, SANS or cloud architecture Hold AWS or Azure professional cloud certifications or equivalent experience
- Previous CTO, architect, technical management roles or similar experience preferred
- Experience with security architecture frameworks in cloud-based environments (AWS, Azure, Openstack, VMware) is strongly preferred Knowledge of Cloud Security Alliance (CSA) best practices and guidelines
- Knowledge of FedRAMP process Generalized cloud security certifications such as CCSK or CCSP certifications are preferred Specialized cloud security certifications such as AWS Certified Security.
- You have experience working with cloud security within a Public Sector vertical
- You have knowledge of cloud architecture.
- You have a working knowledge of spend, budgets, TCO, ROI, and speak to cost savings and value.
- You will oversee a project, manage matrixed teams and project deadlines
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Primary Location:Remote United States
- Sales Account Manager - Healthcare and SLED Account Manager, Sales Los Angeles, California, Santa Clara, California, San Jose, California
- Inside Sales Rep - Named Account Executive Inside Sales, Sales Reston, Virginia
- McAfee Security Professional Services Consultant Sales, Security Consultant Raleigh, North Carolina