Professional Services Project ManagerPrimary Location Remote United States Additional Location(s) US, Virginia, Reston; US, Washington, D.C. Date posted 01/11/2021
Job Title:Professional Services Project Manager
Remote United States
Role Overview:The Professional Services Program Manager will be a key member of McAfee Security Federal Solution Services team. This position will be a Program Manager and will be responsible for providing oversite and management of the McAfee Public Sector Civilian region under the director.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
As part of the Federal Professional Services Management team, you will oversee end-to-end regional operational support. You will work with the Sales and Delivery team and other leaders across the company to improve bookings, revenue and margin target achievement through a comprehensive, real-time understanding of the business. Reporting to the director of Services Delivery, you will partner with all regional leaders to provide business intelligence and visibility through comprehensive in-quarter forecasting, out-quarter pipeline/opportunities assessment, trend analysis, partner assessments, scheduling of resources and order execution.
- Manage all regional forecast analysis, development and submission
- Operate as an essential contact for Operations and Sales teams, providing up-to-date awareness of engagements
- Develop strong relationships with regional Sales, Software engineers and delivery consultants
- Function as a general point of escalation for the field for any Sales, Delivery Operations or deal challenges
- Work with Operations teams on reporting assessments and development
- Provide regular dashboards on our performance to senior leadership
- Participate in service level reviews and issue remediation with your team and their customers
- Delegate tasks to team members in the service ingestion process
- Use skills as an experienced professional with a full understanding of industry best practices; ability to resolve different high-stakes issues to build partner trust and satisfaction.
- Work on many problems with an ability to conduct data analysis and make succinct recommendations to executive leadership.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Successfully manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Proven working experience in project management in the Department of Defense
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in McAfee Products and Army Networks
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office to include Microsoft Project and Visio
- Applies strong analytical skills to resolve difficult problems
- Seeks and shares information with customers, partners and coworkers
- Takes initiative to achieve value-added results, within scope of responsibility
- You have a working knowledge of Professional Services and the processes, challenges and business context associated with PS, gained from 4+ years of relevant professional experience
- You have a knowledge of sales and revenue forecasting processes and approaches
- You have familiarity with Program and Project Management, BU and IT-centric
- You have a knowledge of IT and product delivery capabilities
- You have a knowledge of Government clearances and agency suitability
- You background includes 4+ years exposure to Salesforce, Open Air, and complex Excel (can perform complex functions)
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.