Sr. Data Scientist - ExperimentationPrimary Location Remote United States Date posted 01/13/2022
Job Title:Sr. Data Scientist - Experimentation
Role Overview:You will work in an exciting and dynamic area of experimentation and A/B testing that inspires continuous improvements to McAfee products and will have huge impact on millions of consumers' digital life and security . If you love diving into massive datasets but also want the opportunity to shape the vision and strategic role of Product Analytics then this may be the role for you. Working with members of Product, Marketing, Data Science and Engineering teams, you will determine and report on metrics, analyze customer behaviors/data, improve our products and content and build tools/service to improve Analytics productivity. You will report to the Director of Engineering and work out of one of our hub locations.
McAfee is a leader in personal security for consumers. Focused on protecting people, not just devices, McAfee consumer solutions adapt to users’ needs in an always online world, empowering them to live securely through integrated, intuitive solutions that protects their families and communities with the right security at the right moment.
About the role:
- You will analyze consumer behavior, product usage and marketing data to identify opportunities and create hypothesis for product improvements, consumer experience enhancements and business optimization.
- You will use statistical models to forecast, size and prioritize ideas for A/B testing.
- You will design and execute experiments to help us validate hypothesis and relationships in the data
- You will develop, deploy and own tools, best practice methodologies, processes and standards for A/B testing across the organization
- You will implement and analyze A/B or Multi-Variate Tests to help us measure the impact of product decisions and changes
- You will use segmentation, cohort analysis , clustering and statistical techniques on A/B testing data to uncover new insights and opportunities.
- You will research and apply best testing methodology for specific situations include parametric/non-parametric, frequentist vs Bayesian testing
- You will implement continuous improvements to all aspects of our experimentation program to increase the quality, volume and velocity of experimentation in the organization.
- You will run sessions to educate us on A/B testing best practices and share the insights with multiple groups
- You will create dashboards, reports, and analyses that present A/B testing results, explaining what happened and why
- You will identify and understand several data sources; build tools and services to improve analysis and experimentation throughput, and work with Data Warehouse team to make online and offline data cross platforms available.
- You will have 7+ years of demonstrated experience at senior level analyzing product and content user behavior for online consumer software product, e.g. online shopping, social site, streaming services, and gaming
- You will have 5+ years of experience leading experimentation (A/B testing) program in a high test volume environment
- Analyzing very large datasets with SQL (Redshift, Teradata, Oracle, or MySQL) and R, SAS or other statistical package.
- You will have experience with one or more testing tools like Optimizely, split.io, or adobe test and target
- You will have knowledge of statistical methods for common parametric and non-parametric tests
- You will have expert knowledge of SQL
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.For Colorado Residents the starting salary for this position is $120,000.00