Sr. Security Operations EngineerPrimary Location Remote United States Date posted 06/09/2021
Job Title:Sr. Security Operations Engineer
Role Overview:We are looking for a Senior Security Engineer who will maintain our security posture from software development, test and live infrastructure. You will be, articulate, have experience with Linux and other *NIX-derivatives. You will report to the Sr Manager of Engineering
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
About The Role:
Your primary mission as a Security Engineer is working with the development, technical operations, quality assurance, and product management teams, to ensure the delivery of technical solutions for McAfee customers and other teams.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in Security Operations and 10 years of overall IT experiences.
- Implementation and maintenance of security controls in our hosted and AWS environments.
- Experience managing security frameworks, ISO 27001, 27018 27017, SOC 2, FedRAMP.
- Perform periodic vulnerability assessments, penetration testing, and other security assessments.
- Experience writing AWS Lambda functions for security remediations.
- Experience with Siem, IPS/IDS, Endpoint antivirus solutions.
- Expertise with firewall applications (PF / IPTables) and WAF.
- An understanding of how networks and common networking protocols work and how to dissect them using tcpdump.
- Good understanding in networking, databases, client-side technologies or systems' administration.
- Understandings in configuration management frameworks (e.g. Salt, Ansible, Puppet).
- Experience with Encryption both data at rest and in motion.
- Hands-on scripting background (Bourne/Korn Shell, Python/Perl/Ruby).
- Familiarly with Debian/Ubuntu, CentOS and Free/OpenBSD.
- Promote security within organization
- Work with the Engineering and supporting/maintaining/designing front/backend infrastructure with data breaches, broken authentication, hacking, account hijacking, malicious insiders, third parties, APTs, data loss and DoS attacks.
- Automate scanning/analysis/patching, customization, upgrades and monitoring through SecOps tools meant for Cloud management.
- As a SecOps Engineer, building, deploying, and maintaining our cloud environment is your focus.
- You will develop enterprise security systems for all of our environments
- You will be proficient working with Amazon Web Services (AWS) like EC2, EBS, ELB, S3, Lambda, KMS and Cloudfront in a available and scalable production environment
- You will have experience with continuous integration and deployment automation tools such as Jenkins, Glu, Salt.
- You will have experience with *nix systems, virtualization, and network administration.
- You will have experience documenting processes, labs and test environment
- Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.For Colorado Residents the starting salary for this position is $104,500.00
- Regional Account Manager (Healthcare) Sales, Account Manager Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Senior Sales Engineer - Federal System Integrators Sales, Sales Engineer Reston, Virginia, Denver, Colorado, Boston, Massachusetts, Atlanta, Georgia
- Customer Success Manager - Western Region Sales San Jose, California