McAfee Sr Sales Engineer (Cloud)Primary Location Washington, District of Columbia Date posted 10/24/2019
Job Title:McAfee Sr Sales Engineer (Cloud)
US, Washington, D.C.
The Sales Engineer (SE) will work alongside the Regional Account Managers, as part of McAfee’s Global Sales Team to lead Pre-Sales activities and oversee the sales support of McAfee products to existing and prospective customers within the assigned geographic region. The SE is an integral part of the sales organization and assists the sales team with Pre-Sales technical knowledge and presentations. They work closely with sales managers, prospects and partners as a subject-matter expert to demonstrate how a proposed solution meets and exceeds customer requirements.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. McAfee helps businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously and collaboratively. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats at home and away. With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building best in class cyber security solutions.
About the Role:
- Participate in conference calls and customer prospect visits, providing product demonstrations in person and via WebEx
- Possess demonstrable skills in customer-centric selling and a proven track record using it to help drive revenue.
- Plan, manage and execute customer product pilots.
- Work independently and as a vital member of a sales team.
- Work with the sales team to strategize on sales approaches to develop business.
- Ensure successful on-site product evaluations and post-sale installations when necessary.
- Manage the Regional Strategic Account customer base on their technical needs.
- Participate as a technical resource at trade shows and conferences, when needed.
- 10+ years of professional systems engineering experience
- 5+ years in a sales related role
- 3 + years in the Security field with hands-on engineering experience, preferably gained within a sales engineering capacity
- Security Certifications or other technical achievements are an appreciated benefit
- Technical requirements:
- Understand Proxy and Firewall technology and logs
- Work with Linux, Windows and Mac OS based servers and endpoints.
- Proficient with mobile device technologies and OS such as Android, iOS and Windows Mobile.
- Knowledge of certificates, key management systems, HSM and related protocols.
- Advanced knowledge of web threats and cybercrime.
- Time management, multi-tasking, prioritization skills and ability to manage multiple concurrent projects
- Excellent written, oral communication and strong interpersonal, organizational and presentation skills allowing you to be influential at all levels
- The ideal candidate is self-motivated, results oriented, passion about helping to develop all levels of Inside Sales Reps and continuous process improvement.
- Adaptability and Flexibility – adapts to change, is open to new ideas and adjusts plans to meet changing business needs.
- Communication and Influence — you are able to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing. You also adjust your communication style/language to fit the appropriate audience.
- Initiative — you have a mentality of tackling problems and take independent action. You are hungry for new responsibilities and act on opportunities.
- Personal Organization – you are an organized person and have defined time management and organizational strategies that work for you.
- Results Focused – you like a challenge. You set challenging goals and are able to target and achieve results.
- Technical Knowledge & Skills – you are constantly keeping a pulse on the ever-changing technical and Security landscape. Also, you are enthusiastic for new systems and applications.
Company Benefits and Perks:
Our corporate culture and values are central to McAfee’s philosophy. Every day we embrace a more diverse workforce and inclusive environment. We are encouraged to bring our true selves to work. Our wide range of social communities & programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits, all allow our employees to feel valued as people, while enjoying positive and challenging work.
Check out more: Careers & Life at McAfee.
Perks may include:
Pension / Retirement Programs
Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Programs
Paid Time Off
Support for Community Involvement
Unleash your Power … Join our Talent Network: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Primary Location:US, Washington, D.C.
- McAfee Professional Services Security Consultant Sales, Security Consultant Rockville, Maryland, Fairfax, Virginia, Washington D.C., District of Columbia, Columbia, Maryland, Baltimore, Maryland
- McAfee Security SIEM Consultant – US Remote Field Based Opportunity Sales Santa Clara, California, Houston, Texas, Detroit, Michigan, Florida, Massachusetts, , Los Angeles, California, Raleigh, North Carolina, Nashville, Tennessee, Dallas, Texas, Irvine, California, Phoenix, Arizona, Washington D.C., District of Columbia, Fairfax, Virginia, Atlanta, Georgia, Stamford, Connecticut, Austin, Texas, Denver, Colorado, Columbia, South Carolina, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, San Jose, California, San Francisco, California, San Diego, California, New York, New York, Albuquerque, New Mexico, Nashua, New Hampshire, Minneapolis, Minnesota, Chicago, Illinois, New Jersey
- McAfee Sr Sales Engineer (Cloud) Sales, Cloud, Sales Engineer Rockville, Maryland, Fairfax, Virginia, Washington D.C., District of Columbia