Software Sales Account Manager – U.S. ArmyPrimary Location Washington, District of Columbia Date posted 09/09/2020
Job Title:Software Sales Account Manager – U.S. Army
US, Washington, D.C.
As a member of the McAfee Army Team, and reporting into the Regional Director , the focus of this opportunity is to effectively and passionately engage with the U.S. Army, leading them on their journey to provide the war fighter strongest cyber security solutions.
A successful candidate will bring 10 or more years of demonstrated experience selling technology hardware/software/services into the DOD, especially cyber security solutions. You will have a top security clearance already in place and a deep understanding of the Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation (DFAR). You will be remotely based in the Washington, D.C. area and travel 50% of the time, once a travel ban has been lifted.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
About the role:
- Responsible for meeting and exceeding assigned revenue quota (e.g. Exceed quota of $10M+)
- Responsible for managing and growing territory, maximizing short term revenue, building future sales pipeline 3x or greater through demonstrated account and territory planning
- Ability to work with a sales engineering team and other areas of McAfee in closing complex networking-security opportunities at the C-Level
- Partner with other business units in identifying other opportunities outside your core product portfolio
- Capable of closing software contracts and services in the range of $250K-$5M
- Accurately forecasting the business: i.e. "Commit, and Pipeline (monthly, quarterly, annually)
- Develop Plan to close Programs of Record
- Develop Plan for Enterprise class opportunities Consistently Engage Executive Army C-Level (Flag & SES Level) through meetings and EBC's
- Bring demonstrated field sales experience selling into Department of Defense, in cyber security solutions would be a significant plus
- Must be able to obtain a DoD Top-Secret Clearance, already having one would be a significant plus
- Demonstrate a working knowledge DoD Enterprise Networks and Programs. Understand the Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation (DFAR).
- Possesses a deep understanding of the "sales steps to closure" and the internal/external financial planning DoD acquisition processes
- Have a history of exceeding quota Large Deals: Demonstrate History and ability of closing software / hardware contracts and services exceeding $ 1M+.
- Proven negotiating skills on complex multi-solution deals/acquisitions
- Must be a United States Citizen
Our corporate culture and values are central to McAfee's philosophy. Every day we embrace a more diverse workforce and inclusive environment. We are encouraged to bring your true selves to work. Our wide range of social communities & programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits, all allow our employees to feel valued as people, while enjoying positive and challenging work. Check out more: Careers & Life at McAfee. Perks include:
- Pension / Retirement Programs
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Programs
- Support for Community Involvement and Programs
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.