Sr. Sales Engineer - TS/SCIPrimary Location Washington, District of Columbia Additional Locations Date posted 09/07/2018
About this Role
As part of the ongoing growth of McAfee, the McAfee Pre Sales organization is on an upward growth trajectory – helping to transform and mature the software security market. The opportunity that is before us will need the best security professionals – and that is exactly who we are looking for - the right individuals to help lead this growth, be a part of the transformation and to ensure our customer experience is outstanding.
The Sr. Sales Engineer (TS/SCI required), is an individual contributor in the Pre-Sales organization recognized as a trusted security expert for one or more security domains. The Sr. SE is a trusted adviser to sales, pre-sales and top enterprise customers in region. The Sr. SE will partner with the enterprise account sales teams in the region and help develop new prospective opportunities through solution advisory workshops, sharing industry insights, driving customer round tables, presentations, providing through leadership at key events. Your approach should be consultative, solution-focused and business-led, sharing credible personal experience and best practice from previous engagements.
The Sr. SE will look to advise the customer on their strategic security vision and how to maximize the value of security to achieve their business transformation objectives then teaming with the appropriate account teams to build a successful sales and execution strategy.
- Sr. SE should help regional sales leaders strategize on building programs for our large customers to drive multiple product adoption of our solutions.
- They should be front and center in regional user group meetings like ISSA.org , ISACA.org, and the like to present our solutions and vision, industry trends, and threat landscape to show thought leadership.
- They should work with SE Managers in region to assist SE’s help position solutions beyond the demo, PoC, and RFPs.
- Work closely with the relevant sales teams and other business functions across your theater to bring the right momentum into the sales process to achieve $1M+ deals.
- Act as a Trusted Security Adviser for one or more security domains, based on extensive experience.
- Develop strong executive relationships in key customer accounts in assigned region.
- Work with corporate and your regional marketing team to develop executive and solution focused campaigns, market awareness and sales pipeline.
- Understand the key partners, working with them to drive solutions through your domain market.
- Through influence, material, communication, training and example behavior, foster a culture of connecting security to the business through the sales and pre-sales organization.
- Speaker at large customer events focused on creating domain awareness or security reference architectures.
- Evangelize the value of security as an enabler through regular social media communication and thought leadership activities.
- Leads the review the response to large requests for solution sales proposal spanning multiple products and services.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related disciplines in security information CISSP Certification.
- Active TS/SCI clearance.
Preferred Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
- At least 8+ years customer facing Pre-Sales or Systems Engineering experience is preferred.
- At least 4 years operational experience working as a security practitioner, engineer or architect is highly desirable.
- Have worked with U.S. Intelligence Agencies.
- Cloud computing knowledge is also desirable.
- Can own a project and manage virtual teams and set own time management and project deadlines.
- Technical Skills
Have a comprehensive grasp of the overall McAfee portfolio, and how it can be leveraged to solve customer problems within your focus vertical market; Experience in working with McAfee integrated threat defense solutions in a pre-sales.
- Communication Skills
Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal and presentation skills to a large audience; Ability to function effectively in ambiguous circumstances; Produces and shares intellectual property in the most productive manner to customers, partners and with internal peers; Can converse with CISOs, CTOs, Security Architects and Security decision makers.
- Solution Selling
A strong and proven consultative background, with direct experience working for a Consulting or Systems Integration company; Work with Enterprise Architects and Regional Solution Architects, to design, document and evangelize security reference architectures for one or more security domains.
- Problem Solving
Effectively works with Sales and cross-functional teams to resolve major customer issues.
Provide customer feedback to Tech Directors and Product Management teams.
- Influence and leadership
Develop and deliver innovative, solution-focused training classes for Presales
They should act as a mentor to SE’s in accounts they operate in; Set the direction and participate in executive briefing sessions for global 2000 enterprise customers.
Shift 1 (United States of America)
US, Washington, D.C.
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.