Android Developer w Anti-Censorship- RemotePrimary Location Canada Date posted 15-Jun-2022
Role Overview:McAfee is in search of an intermediate Android Developer supporting who will be supporting our VPN team in building private, secure, and beautifully designed bear-themed apps. Our TunnelBear Android apps are used by over 40M people around the world which enable millions of users to securely connect their devices.
The team is passionate about building the best user experiences while also making sure all our apps are secure. With a dedicated team, we think about dependency injection, unit tests, writing documentation, and how to deliver our features and apps faster and more reliably.
This is a remote position in Canada. We will only consider candidates currently in Canada and are not offering relocation assistance at this time.
This role spans from minimizing issues encountered using our VPN, creating
a new Bear animation, writing feature specs, to working on VPN obfuscation so the app just connects and secures your connection from wherever you are. We pride ourselves on our low crash-free sessions rate, but we really take pride when 0 critical issues are found during third-party audits on our apps.
About the Role:
- Dive deep into anti-censorship technologies and research on how they could be added to the VPN SDK and VPN TunnelBear App
- Develop and maintain our cross-platform VPN SDK
- Knowledge share through code reviews and mentorship
- Collaborate with our connection analytics and censorship circumvention teams to improve our VPN network
- You can develop Android applications at an intermediate level, preferably with some recent experience in Kotlin.
- You will be responsible for developing our anti-censorship technology of our VPN on Android excites you. (If you don't have current experience interested in learning and doing this process)
- You have a strong understanding of the Android SDK and its lifecycle, and diving deep into lower-level libraries like OpenSSL intrigues you.
- You should be comfortable with analytics driven development. Feature prioritization comes from reading, understanding, and developing our analytics.
- You’re comfortable coordinating work with tightly-knit teams working on related features and projects.
- You should be versatile and eager to solve problems that touch different (and maybe unfamiliar) areas of the stack.
- You have a strong sense of ownership and you know how to translate your vision for a project into code
- Your work will draw on security, networking, software design, and debugging experience, and as a result, you can expect to grow into a sharper, more flexible, and versatile programmer
McAfee is a leader in personal security for consumers. Focused on protecting people, not just devices, McAfee consumer solutions adapt to users’ needs in an always online world, empowering them to live securely through integrated, intuitive solutions that protects their families and communities with the right security at the right moment.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.