Back-end Software Engineer, VPN & Network -RemotePrimary Location Canada Date posted 10-May-2022
Role Overview:McAfee is looking for a versatile back-end Software Engineer with a focus on VPN technology and an eye for security. You will support our TunnelBear team.
You will join a tight-knit team of easy going individuals who enjoy having fun together. Expect to be pestered into joining one of the many clubs we hold dear from board games to movies and more. You should enjoy contributing to a team where the result is greater than the sum of its parts.
This is a remote position in Canada. We will only consider candidates currently in Canada and are not offering relocation assistance at this time.
Does re-writing the core of open-VPN sound like your dream job? We are looking for someone with a passion for networking and open-source to help us build the next generation of obfuscation, privacy, and security software for customers around the globe. We want to establish the bleeding edge for network privacy and security. If we need to achieve this by building a quantum bit entangled network that behaves differently when spied on, then so be it.
About the job:
- You will work with back-end, client, anti-censorship and security specialists around prototyping what next-gen VPN technology will look like.
- You will get exposure to building the software that runs on a network of VPN servers distributed in 20+ countries.
- Your work will draw on development, security, networking, and configuration experience, and as a result, you can expect to grow into a sharper, more flexible, and versatile programmer.
- You can also count on being surrounded by an inclusive, helpful team to support and tackle challenges alongside you. We are a small company, so naturally the kind of people who tend to succeed in our team are generalists.
- You should dabble with all forms of development, such as occasionally tweaking our client SDK or backend API.
- You have experience with C and Python.
- You have familiarity with Scala and functional programming principles.
- You have a special focus on developing and improving VPN and network technology.
- You use creative thinking for what is possible with VPN technology to improve performance and security.
- You contribute to and learn from Open Source software.
- You feel right at home in the terminal, comfortable with Linux or OS X.
- You have experience working intimately with any VPN technology such as WireGuard, Pluggable Transports, OpenVPN, IPSec , or similar.
- You have network programming expertise.
- You have experience programming software and services in a distributed environment.
- You get bonus points for knowledge of anti-censorship technologies
McAfee is a leader in personal security for consumers. Focused on protecting people, not just devices, McAfee consumer solutions adapt to users’ needs in an always online world, empowering them to live securely through integrated, intuitive solutions that protects their families and communities with the right security at the right moment.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.