Back-End Testing Software Development EngineerPrimary Location Canada, Waterloo Date posted 03/24/2021
Job Title:Back-End Testing Software Development Engineer
Role Overview:We are looking for someone who is passionate about software development, testing, has a interest in cyber security and data protection, and wants to join our collaborative team as a Software Development Engineer in Test to help improve the high-quality of our consumer web protection product family. You will report to the Engineering Manager within the Consumer Products Team.
Working at our Waterloo development center, you will exhibit an understanding of software testing and validation, can think like a user to determine and code creative test scenarios and have the capability to quickly learn and adapt to new technologies.
In a world where large data breaches are becoming more frequent, we are offering you a rare opportunity to influence and contribute to an interesting and essential part of McAfee's consumer business that protects our customers web-based activities, ensuring their browsing experience is secure.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
About the Role:
- You will work as part of the development team to create automated test strategies and execute tests on server-side applications
- You will review product requirements, specifications and technical design documents and provide accurate feedback to ensure that software is written in a testable and supportable fashion
- You will determine detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases which are streamlined for automation
- Drawing on your creative nature, you will improve the existing automation frameworks forward to benefit automation across multiple products, and may be asked to create new frameworks depending on need
- You will write Test Automation code to validate our web protection product set from a functional, scale, performance and security perspective
- You will use your skills in C#, Python and other languages when you are coding test cases, along with technologies such as AWS, Git, and virtualization
- You will measure code coverage of the automation tests to identify areas of focus, and other metrics to identify areas of brittleness in the automation code, producing dashboards to provide data to the team
- You will propose and create new solutions to automating software testing in an organized and scalable fashion
- You will use your experience in agile development/testing practices, and risk-based testing to ensure efficient release testing
- You will estimate, prioritize , plan and coordinate automation activities
- You will need to identify and document product defects that you find, and work with the development team to help them resolve the defects
- You will write automated regression tests to ensure that defects to not reoccur
- You will work with internal and external parties including Dev and QA teams, Program/Product
- We will help you stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
- We will ask you to help improve the software testing process and procedures to make them more efficient
- You will have experience in a Software Test Automation role, testing cloud-hosted microservices
- You will have 4+ years of back-end testing development experience
- You will have DevOps knowledge
- You will have have experience in C#, Python, or web technologies
- You will have cross team collaboration experience.
- You will have an interest/experience improving efficiency in software testing
- You will have experience with Software Development principles and methodologies such as Agile/Scrum
- You will understand risk-based testing or other approaches to increase efficiency
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.