Big Data Developer InternPrimary Location Waterloo, Ontario Date posted 08/14/2019
Job Title:Big Data Developer Intern
Full Stack Web Developer, and/or Big Data Developer
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. McAfee helps businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously and collaboratively. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats at home and away. With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building best in class cyber security solutions.
About the role:
- Responsible Analyze and mine data for insights to improve user experience, conversion, and retention.
- Implement new and innovative analyses to inform product roadmap prioritization.
- Responsible to quickly build visualization dashboards and storyboards understanding new data feeds to provide key insights.
- Define and document key business operating metrics, design and create related reports that show our success/failure in reaching related success metrics.
- Design and develop Azure cloud applications to collect additional data required for analysis from the product, e-commerce, and social media.
Do not use the wordRequirements/Experience/Qualifications!
You should never underestimate the power of language to persuade and convince great candidates to apply. A study published recently proved “Supportive-themed”JDsreceive 3x the applicants and higher application quality than demanding ads.
- Pursuing Bachelor’s/ Master’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, or similar analytical field
- High level of proficiency in Excel and SQL
- Passion for number crunching and logical problem-solving intellectual challenges
- Ability to learn and understand various new data flows quickly
- Ability to structure/work on exploratory problems, with innovating approach and creative solution
- Ability to work independently and proactively, identifying issues and raising them to management, as well as offering potential solutions
- Ability to do quick quality checks on the data and automate the same
- Strong business sense and strategic thinking.
- Ability to build and present evidence-based storie
Company Benefits and Perks:
Our corporate culture and values are central to McAfee’s philosophy. Every day we embrace a more diverse workforce and inclusive environment. We are encouraged to bring our true selves to work. Our wide range of social communities & programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits, all allow our employees to feel valued as people, while enjoying positive and challenging work.
Check out more: Careers & Life at McAfee.
Perks may include:
Pension / Retirement Programs
Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Programs
Paid Time Off
Support for Community Involvement
Unleash your Power … Join our Talent Network: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Student / Intern
Shift 1 (Canada)