DevOps Cloud EngineerPrimary Location Canada, Waterloo Date posted 01/07/2021
Job Title:DevOps Cloud Engineer
Role Overview:Role Overview:
We are looking for someone who is passionate and a big believer in design review, code review, automation and best practices of DevOps, has a interest in cyber security and data protection, and wants to join our collaborative team as a Cloud Operations Engineer to help improve the high-quality of our corporate encryption product family. You will report to the Engineering Manager within the Consumer Endpoint Partner Team.
Working at our Canada Development Center, you will exhibit an understanding of technical skills and have experience analyzing requirements, able to understand impact on existing systems and come up with an all-encompassing solution collaborating with various DevOps Architects in the organization.
In a world where large data breaches are becoming more frequent, we are offering you a rare opportunity to influence and contribute to an interesting and important part of McAfee’s Consumer business that protects our customers’ data (and that of their customers).
About the Role:
As a member of Consumer Partner Platform Support group, you will automate infrastructure provisioning using AWS CloudFormation and participate in ongoing operational activities (Deployment, monitoring, reporting, patching, and compliance)
You will be focused on operational excellence and will work with product/engineering teams to gather requirements and implement the same. You will help us investigate and resolve production escalations.
Develop DevOps workflows and code CI/CD pipelines for the rapid integration of high-quality services in the cloud.
Be an SRE and responsible for uptime by working with architects, development, and cloud infrastructure team.
Work with the development and infrastructure team across geographies to open bugs, debug issues, creating and employing disaster recovery solutions
Daily responsibilities will include ensuring that our solutions are resilient, available, healthy, and performing well.
You will be focused on operational excellence and will improve the customer solution experience.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
- You have 5 years of DevOps experience or 8 years of total experience with 3 years of DevOps experience.
- Successful track record in building and configuring massive infrastructure at cloud scale using AWS or Azure or GCP
- You have knowledge of technology and security topics including network reliability, application security, infrastructure hardening, web server, database security, System Flow, real-time system throughput
- You have a solid understanding of Amazon Web Services (AWS) including VPC, ELB/ALB, IAM, KMS, EC2, AWS Config, CloudTrail, CloudFormation
- You have experience working with Engineering for supporting/maintaining/designing backend infrastructure
- You have experience with continuous integration and deployment automation tools such as Jenkins, Teamcity, Octopus, Harness, K8, Ansible, Puppet, Salt, Chef and source control tools such as Github
- You are skilled in CI/CD pipeline creation and deployment of infrastructure as code in AWS using Terraform
- Experience in testing scale, stress, and performance for Containers, APIs, different data processing/rule engine pipelines, deployment and orchestration
- You have experience in big data and No SQL DB technologies such as Hadoop, HBase, DynamoDB and message brokers such as SNS/SQS, AWS Kinesis, Kafka, RabbitMQ and RDBMS such as SQL Server
- You have experience in in both Linux and Windows system administration
- Your background includes coding experience in .Net, Python, PowerShell scripts
- Experience in Web Services development using REST/SOAP and JSON/XML and integration
- Automation experience in On-Prem/cloud for production-grade applications and products
- Have UI/UX customer-centric testing experience
- Experience in developing, documenting, and maintaining operational and security procedures and processes (Patching, Product Updates, etc.)
- Experience using modern cloud monitoring and alerting tools (Cloudwatch, Grafana, Alerta, Prometheus).
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.