DevOps Engineer for Cloud, ConsumerPrimary Location Canada, Waterloo Date posted 04/12/2021
Job Title:DevOps Engineer for Cloud, Consumer
Role Overview:We are looking for someone who is passionate and a big believer in automation, design review, code review, and best practices of DevOps, has an interest in cyber security and data protection, and wants to join our collaborative team as a Software Development Engineer - DevOps to help improve the high-quality of our product family. You will report to the Engineering Manager within the Consumer Endpoint Automation Team.
Working at our Canada Development Center, you will exhibit an understanding of technical skills, have experience analyzing requirements, and understand impacts on existing systems to develop solutions in collaboration with various stakeholders in the organization.
In a world where large data breaches are becoming more frequent, we are offering you a rare opportunity to influence and contribute to an interesting and important part of McAfee's Consumer business that protects our customers.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
About the Role:
- As a member of Consumer Endpoint Automation Team you will be an active participant delivering on our mission to enable the delivery of quality software, faster, with the right mix of human interaction and automation. We strive to provide expertise, enable self-service, remove development constraints, and continually improve the system as a whole.
- You will participate in ongoing operational activities (deployment, monitoring, reporting, and patching)
- You will be focused on operational excellence and will work with product/engineering teams to gather requirements and implement the same.
- You will work with engineering teams across geographies to develop DevOps workflows, CI/CD pipelines, and test automation for the Endpoint products across Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, and Linux operating systems.
- Daily responsibilities will include ensuring that our solutions are resilient, available, healthy, and performing well.
- You have 3 years of DevOps Experience
- You have experience with Scripting languages, Python, Powershell, Bash, etc
- You are experienced in cloud technologies, AWS, Azure, or GCP
- You are knowledgeable in container development and deployment (eg: Docker)
- You have experience in Infrastructure as Code, Ansible, Chef, or Puppet
- You are experienced with CI/CD pipelines, source control and workflow management tools
- You have software development experience in Java, C, C#, or C++
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.