Engineering Manager (Big Data Platform), ConsumerPrimary Location Waterloo, Ontario Date posted 01/14/2020
Job Title:Engineering Manager (Big Data Platform), Consumer
As an Engineering Manager, you will lead a team of software engineers to help drive high quality business and engineering insights of McAfee’s consumer family of security products.
This role will report to an Engineering VP within the Consumer Product Engineering Team.
Working at our Waterloo development center – one of the most vibrant tech cities in Canada – you will exhibit a deep understanding of all aspects of software development, data engineering, design, governance, automation, analysis and reporting. In addition, you will have the capability to quickly learn and adapt to new data technologies in a fast-paced and dynamic big data environment while effectively engaging with product engineers, data consumers, and other stake-holders within the organization.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. McAfee helps businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously and collaboratively. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats at home and away. With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building best in class cyber security solutions.
About the Role:
- Build the next-generation Big Data platform on Azure leveraging the latest technologies like Databricks
- Drive execution of data solution and technology roadmap by collaborating with cross-functionla teams.
- Lead, manage and grow an engineering team
- Continue to propose new, and improve on exisiting, process
- Build close relationships with, and help drive alignment across Engineering, Product Management, and Customer
- Manage interdependencies and coordination across projects to ensure that information relating to project deliverables are effectively communicated between stakeholders
- Balance and optimize team members workload and assignments
- You are:
- Passionate about data, software and people
- Problem solver, relationship builder, influencer in all directions
- Able to keep yourself and others on an even keel
- Supportive; it is in your nature to ensure your teams have what they need to be successful
- A mentor who is energized by growing, motivating and leading global teams
- You have:
- Excellent leadership skills, plus significant knowledge of project planning tools with evidence of practical application
- Superb organization, problem-solving, prioritization, and communication skills.
- Exceptional technical experience with Big Data and Software Development
- Demonstrated experience in Azure
- Strong communication skills with a proven ability to understand key concepts and communicate effectively with technical staff, business stakeholders and senior management.
Company Benefits and Perks:
Our corporate culture and values are central to McAfee’s philosophy. Every day we embrace a more diverse workforce and inclusive environment. We are encouraged to bring our true selves to work. Our wide range of social communities & programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits, all allow our employees to feel valued as people, while enjoying positive and challenging work.
Check out more: Careers & Life at McAfee.
Perks may include:
Pension / Retirement Programs
Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Programs
Paid Time Off
Support for Community Involvement
Unleash your Power … Join our Talent Network: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.