Full-Stack Web Developer Co-OpPrimary Location Waterloo, Ontario Date posted 02/06/2020
Job Title:Full-Stack Web Developer Co-Op
Come work for McAfee as a co-op student, where you'll find a challenging, fun environment, and people that love teamwork. Help us develop applications for our data science/engineering platform using cutting-edge cloud technologies. This 4 month Co-Op is based in Waterloo, Ontario Canada.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. McAfee helps businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously and collaboratively. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats at home and away. With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building best in class cyber security solutions.
About the Role
We're looking for a co-op to join a project with a lot of full-stack web development using Azure cloud services, to help with web front-end and back-end, automated / unit tests, DevOps and other related software development work as needed and depending on skill level.
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent during the co-op
- Working knowledge in front-end technology including Angular 7, HTML5/SASS, PrimeNg etc.
- Working knowledge in back-end technology including ES6, Node/Express, Sequelize etc.
- Working knowledge in database including MS SQL Server
- Some work experience with DevOps processes is highly preferred
- Understanding of Agile Software Engineering is highly preferred
- Solid understanding of authentication and authorization including Azure Active Directory, Passport etc.
- Working knowledge in development of automated (unit, component, integration/e2e etc) tests
- Any familiarity with Azure Cloud Services such as Web App Service, Azure DevOps, Databricks etc. is preferred
- Basic understanding of Design Patterns for Software is preferred
- Basic understanding of WebSocket (i.e. socket.io) is preferred
- Must be able to commute to Waterloo, Ontario.
- Authorized to work in Canada without requiring sponsorship / visa.
Company Benefits and Perks:
Our corporate culture and values are central to McAfee’s philosophy. Every day we embrace a more diverse workforce and inclusive environment. We are encouraged to bring our true selves to work. Our wide range of social communities & programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits, all allow our employees to feel valued as people, while enjoying positive and challenging work.
Check out more: Careers & Life at McAfee.
Perks may include:
Pension / Retirement Programs
Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Programs
Paid Time Off
Support for Community Involvement
Unleash your Power … Join our Talent Network: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Student / Intern