InternPrimary Location Waterloo, Ontario Additional Locations Date posted 09/03/2018
Come work for McAfee, where you'll find a challenging, fun environment, and people that love teamwork. Help us develop apps to catch the bad guys before they mess with the good guys-our customers.
What you will do:
- Write code according to product requirements
- Own and maintain high-quality code for one or many software components
- Provide input on any other developer's code
- Provide your technical expertise and feedback on product sub-systems, app research, design, analysis, testing, process improvement, and troubleshooting
- Fix bugs quickly, keeping an eye out for quality
- Review code changes that other developers made on parts of a product source code
- Demonstrate that your code is complete by finding creative ways to develop test automation.
The ideal candidate must exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Results orientation
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school work/classes/research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences.
- Currently studying for B. Sc. in Computer Science or equivalent
- Candidate must have the unrestricted right to work in Canada without requiring sponsorship.
- Minimum of 3 months of experience with software development and programming.
- Minimum of 3 months of experience with developing professional-grade software with C/C++ for Windows
- Minimum of 3 months of experience with Win32/64 technology and product development
- You religiously practice secure coding and unit testing
- You follow software development best practices to ensure quality
- You appreciate test automation and continuous integration
- Previous experience in the computer security industry
Shift 1 (Canada)
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.