Jr. Product Manager, PathfindingPrimary Location Waterloo, Ontario Date posted 08/02/2019
Job Title:Jr. Product Manager, Pathfinding
The Innovation Product Manager will work as part of a cross-functional team in the areas of Innovation and Pathfinding to ensure timely adherence to the Innovation Pathway standard workflow throughout the lifetime of each identified innovation product.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. McAfee helps businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously and collaboratively. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats at home and away. With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building best in class cyber security solutions.
About the Role:
The Innovation Product Manager will draw on their experience in market research to assess, on a case-by-case basis, opportunities for product expansion and adjacencies. Your skills in design thinking, jobs to be done theory, competitive assessment, industry and technology trends as well as consumer behaviour will enable you to build out the business canvas for your product. Your product plan will align with the consumer organization strategy and goals as well as individual business unit goals, including, but not limited to financial targets.
You will be comfortable defining the details of a product’s features, setting clear acceptance criteria for engineering teams to deliver, or for uses in assessing partnership opportunities.
The Innovation Product Manager is expected to multi-task across multiple products simultaneously. The product manager will support an Innovation Team on a case-by-case basis by initiating and maintaining product workflow documentation for each Innovation Product. This will include a product-specific plan of action, customized schedule of events, meetings and milestones, product metrics and assessment, and delivery of stage-end reports.
Coordinating and participating in interviews and regular meetings with Innovators and/or other Team members to ensure Team is adhering to standard workflow and reporting timely progress or surfacing potential issues.
The Innovation Product Manager will also assist in development and continuous improvement of standard workflows. This work will entail development of new or improved metrics for innovation, reporting and awareness building mechanisms, identification and documentation of gaps or commonly required needs observed over time, and development of tools or job aids to improve workflows.
Are you a self-starter that loves innovation and teamwork? Do you want to be part of a fast-paced team that will create the next cool product? Do you have a desire to be part of a team that will create products that will make the life of millions of people more secure yet be easy (dare we say) even fun to use? If your answer is yes, then you want to be part of our team!
- An experienced professional with capabilities of leading on a large-scale product (budget, impact, or time); full cycle from initiation to product close
- You will have experience building a product life cycle case, including make, buy or partner decisions
- You possess a successful track record experience working with vendors, consultants and other purchased services
- Product Management Certification will be considered a huge asset
- Experience working in a Product Management environment
- Experience in ML/AI
- Experience applying professional product management approaches (e.g. Agile)
- Experience developing and facilitating /presenting product management content
- Demonstrated success working with vendors, consultants and other purchased services
- Lean Six Sigma, Kaizen, or continuous performance improvement experience an asset
- Be on top of and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends
- Be excited about collaborating and communicating closely with teams and other stakeholders via a distributed model, to regularly deliver solutions for approval
- Be passionate about resolving user pain points through great development
- Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism
Company Benefits and Perks:
Our corporate culture and values are central to McAfee’s philosophy. Every day we embrace a more diverse workforce and inclusive environment. We are encouraged to bring our true selves to work. Our wide range of social communities & programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits, all allow our employees to feel valued as people, while enjoying positive and challenging work.
Check out more: Careers & Life at McAfee.
Perks may include:
Pension / Retirement Programs
Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Programs
Paid Time Off
Support for Community Involvement
Unleash your Power … Join our Talent Network: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Recent College Graduate
Shift 1 (Canada)