Lead Software EngineerPrimary Location Canada, Waterloo Date posted 03/28/2021
Job Title:Lead Software Engineer
Role Overview:We are looking for someone who is passionate about data engineering and software development, has a strong interest in cyber security, and wants to join our collaborative team as a Software Development Engineer to help drive high-quality business and engineering insights of McAfee's consumer family of security products. You will report to an Engineering Manager within the Consumer Product Engineering Team.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. McAfee helps businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously and collaboratively. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats at home and away. With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work towards a common goal of shaping the company's future by building outstanding cyber security solutions.
About the Role:
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
About the Role:
- You will develop, and deploying core data platform services to the cloud.
- You will use PaaS & SaaS to operationalize our data platform.
- You will improve the data platform performance.
- You will establish and govern our platform's Service level agreements.
- You will provide architecture designs to provision new integrations.
- Perform the tasks and rituals of an agile development lifecycle.
- Work with team and cross-team members to design, develop, debug and release quality products.
- Create development, test and analysis tool chain to help automate software quality.
- Develop and improve our CI/CD process.
- Curate and manage telemetry, data flows, and workflow automation to help the business understand and improve outcomes.
- You will have experience building ETL pipelines ,In-depth knowledge of distributed systems and data flows
- You will have experience with data engineering solutions using one or more from: Amazon Athena, Redshift, DataBricks, Kafka, SnowFlake or Kinesis.
- You will have experience building large-scale data pipeline from scratch, data extraction from multiple data warehouse.
- You will have experience building infrastructure.
- You will have experience with Data Integration, Business Intelligence and Analytics tools and/or any other open source and self-service analytics tool (Airflow, Azure Data Factory, Tableau Software experience).
- You will have experience with cloud-based technologies
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.