Manager, User Experience ResearchPrimary Location Waterloo, Ontario Date posted 06/23/2020
Job Title:Manager, User Experience Research
As Manager, Experience Research, you will lead a team of passionate researchers in gathering game-changing customer insights. You will mentor the research team’s development, unlocking their potential, and managing their time so they can do their best work while maintaining a healthy work-life balance. We’re looking for someone who loves teaching people how to combine empathy and data to create experiences customers love to use.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
About the role:
- The Experience Research Manager reports to the Senior Manager or Director of Experience.
- You will manage up to 7 experience researchers and hold regular 1:1s with team members.
- You will lead and mentor experience researchers, supporting their career development, including making sure they have Individual Growth Plans.
- You willdemonstrate, explain, and teach others how to apply a range of research methods, helping them understand the balance and trade-offs between smart research and rigorous techniques.
- You will ensure that experience researchers have prioritized deliverables for every milestone.
- You will review research deliverables and provide feedback to ensure quality output.
- You willchampion the role research plays in creating great experiences across the organization.
- You willbuild relationships with other managers across departments, and be a liaison with teams throughout the company who have ongoing research needs.
- You willactively find impediments to our team efficiency (processes, tools, etc.), and implement solutions to allow the entire team to work more efficiently.
- You willsignificantly influence the goals and long-range goals of the Experience Research team.
- You will interview potential experience research and design candidates.
- You have professional experience managing a research team and hands on research experience.
- You have expert-level knowledge of experience research tools and techniques.
- You have led change in the broader organization through storytelling – in creative and consumable ways!
- You have used remote research tools and derived insights through surveys and telemetry dashboards.
- You have strong collaboration skills. A love of research and desire to have everyone talk to customers.
- You possess exciting and Y ideas for teaching others how to get customer feedback.
- You have exceptional organizational skills, planning/managing experience research work while contributing to the larger Experience Design team’s processes.
- You share our values, and a desire to work in accordance with those values.
- Bonus! Familiarity with working in an Agile environment, building products using Design Thinking and Lean Innovation methods.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.