McAfee Cybersecurity InternshipPrimary Location Waterloo, Ontario Date posted 04/30/2019
McAfee Cybersecurity Internship / Co-Op
McAfee is the world’s largest dedicated security technology company. McAfee delivers proactive and proven solutions and services that secure systems and networks around the world, allowing users to browse and shop the web securely. With our unmatched security expertise and commitment to innovation, McAfee helps home users, businesses, the public sector and service providers to comply with regulations, protect data, prevent disruptions, identify vulnerabilities, and continuously monitor and improve their security. Our products are unique in how they work together to make security affordable and manageable. These days, the threats are tougher, and the perpetrators are trickier. As we have for more than 20 years, McAfee delivers superior protection that is trusted by millions of people.
The Cybersecurity Intern will be expected to solve challenging problems that require passion and conviction. Our business works on several fronts from technical development to software process optimization. This internship will explore and implement solutions to tough problems using diverse development languages and technologies. You'll find a challenging, fun environment with people that enjoy working in teams. Help us develop apps to catch cyber-criminals before they have an opportunity to negatively impact our customers.
- Write code according to product requirements
- Own and maintain high-quality code for one or many software components
- Provide input on developer's code
- Provide technical expertise and feedback on product sub-systems, app research, design, analysis, testing, process improvement and troubleshooting
- Fix bugs quickly, keeping an eye out for quality
- Review code changes that other developers made on parts of a product source code
- Demonstrate that your code is complete by finding creative ways to develop test automation
- Currently studying for B. Sc. in Computer Science or equivalent
- Candidate must have the unrestricted right to work in Canada without requiring sponsorship
- Minimum of 3 months of experience with software development and programming
- Minimum of 3 months of experience with developing professional-grade software with C/C++ for Windows
- Minimum of 3 months of experience with Win32/64 technology and product development
- Thoroughly practice secure coding and unit testing
- Follow software development best practices to ensure quality
- Appreciate test automation and continuous integration
- Experienced a previous role in the computer security industry
HOW TO APPLY:
To be considered for an interview, you must complete an online application on our company website.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
McAfee Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. McAfee Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Student / Intern
Shift 1 (Canada)
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.