Program Manager - RemotePrimary Location Canada Date posted 27-Jun-2022
Role Overview:The Program Manager Manages programs of large (may be global) scope, impact and complexity through all phases of the lifecycle. Manages interdependencies and integration among multiple projects, teams, and stakeholders. Has decision making authority at the program level. Handles cross organizational programs of broad scope and high complexity or of broad scope and moderate complexity usually managing a core team that manages functionally specific teams. Sets direction for programs directly related to corporate policies or important business operations to meet strategic goals of significance. Leads the core team and guides performance of functional teams. Is the key interface with stakeholders and leadership internally and externally. Assigns overall tasks to others managing general areas of responsibility in support of program goals. Exercises judgment and discretion to develops solutions, remove obstacles and redefine approaches. Recommends or sets business strategies or corporate policies and deviates as appropriate. Oversees identification of tasks and research, dependencies, costs; assigns resources, and communicates expectations to core team members. Creates/tracks/adjusts the program schedule. Assesses risks and identifies solutions to timely, efficient achievement of program goals; Ensures that quality standards and budget constraints are met. Ensures appropriate progress against schedule and takes remedial action as appropriate. Prioritizes utilization of resources with other functions. Influences business unit or cross-organizational strategies relevant to program goals. Has advanced understanding of the technical concepts, architecture, systems, development methods, and disciplines associated with the defined program, and utilizes knowledge to accelerate project completion.
This is a remote position in Canada. We will only consider candidates currently in Canada and are not offering relocation assistance at this time.
About the Role:
- Lead diverse programs, coordinating the activities of multiple teams across multiple locations to develop program plans and to achieve business outcomes.
- Anticipate and manage change control for the decision-making process in assigned projects/programs and participate in change control process for interconnected programs.
- Collaborate with Product Management, Engineering, Product Solutions, and Program Management teams to implement best practices on SDLC, optimize processes, increase operational efficiency, while setting measuring, and tracking KPIs
- Be actively involved with development of internal & external presentations to sell ideas & report on progress. Efforts can include topic ideation and research; script development; and PowerPoint slides with notes
- Provide program status communication and reporting to all levels of management, simplifying difficult or complex concepts to ensure common understanding across all stakeholders
- Develop strong, trust-based relationships across the BU, including VP’s direct reports, key cross-functional leaders, and employees at all levels
- Have experience with taking mobile products to market in the Android and iOS ecosystems, cloud integration using big data, knowledge of routers and mobile integrations
- You have 8 to 10 years of a successful track record managing projects for product development and delivery to market.
- You have 5+ yrs. of data/analytics and / or product delivery experience
- You enjoy working with a diverse group of people across multiple geographic locations and supporting teams that are not local to you.
- Operating in ambiguity - can hold multiple, conflicting “truths” at once, and not get perturbed by lack of clear direction
- Experience determining the approach to programs and developing solutions that are practical and consistent with PMO governance and the functional or customer goals.
- You build new networks across functional boundaries.
- You are an evangelist for the PMO and the Program Management role.
- You have a working knowledge of Product Lifecycle Methodologies.
- Collaborate at all levels within the organization, customers (internal & external) and outside suppliers on a program or process.
- Expertise working with standard Project Management tools, Microsoft Project, Microsoft SharePoint, JIRA, and Confluence.
- You have or are striving to obtain a Project Management Professional (PMP), Program Management Professional (PgMP), or Change Management Practitioner certification
McAfee is a leader in personal security for consumers. Focused on protecting people, not just devices, McAfee consumer solutions adapt to users’ needs in an always online world, empowering them to live securely through integrated, intuitive solutions that protects their families and communities with the right security at the right moment.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.