React.JS Full Stack Web Software DeveloperPrimary Location Canada, Waterloo Date posted 03/03/2021
Job Title:React.JS Full Stack Web Software Developer
Role Overview:We are looking for a Senior React Full Stack Software Web Software Developer to help lead the development of our next-generation web-based applications for our Consumer business. This is an exciting opportunity to help build the future of McAfee Web interface and applications. This will be the primary "hub" for managing all McAfee protections, including Dark Web Scanning / Identity, VPN, password management, parental controls, and more .
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
About the Role:
- You will develop cloud-based consumer applications that provide security software used by millions of people around the world
- You have experience in designing, developing and releasing products built to protect the privacy and security of our customers' digital lives
- Develop user interfaces and interactions
- Perform the responsibilities and rituals as an active member of an Agile development team
- Test product releases to ensure we meet our rigorous quality standards
- Curate and manage telemetry, dataflows and workflow automation to help the business improve results
- Participate in deep data analysis on big data systems to bring nuanced perspective to a complex userbase
- Work with global teams including Architecture, Product Management, Customer Experience and Design, Security, DevOps, Localization, and other groups developing our McAfee Consumer Products
- This position reports to the Software Development Manager for Consumer.
- You have UI/UX Development experience
- You have experience with Microservice architectures and design
- You have experience in backend databases such as Node, NoSQL, SQL, MongoDB, etc.
- Experience working in Agile and with Agile teams
- You have knowledge using multiple common code, data and development tools and technologies (e.g. Git and GitHub Enterprise, JIRA, Confluence, Visual Studio, shell scripting, SQL, databases)
- You have prior knowledge developing large-scale consumer-focused applications
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.