Senior Program Manager and Business OperationsPrimary Location Waterloo, Ontario Date posted 02/11/2020
Job Title:Senior Program Manager and Business Operations
Do you want to shape and influence the strategic initiatives that keep humanity safe from cyber threats for millions of consumers around the globe every single day? At McAfee, we’re changing the way we deliver products to our consumers and partners by putting customer experience (CX) at the forefront of everything we do. As a Senior Program Manager and Business Operations, you will play a critical role in this transformation by enabling teams to focus on creating experiences that delight and inspire consumers worldwide.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
About The Role
- Serve as the “right hand” to the Director of Customer Experience (CX) – orchestrating CX, Design and Research teams across multiple time zones to deliver experiences that protect and delight millions of consumers worldwide
- Collaborate with product managers, engineers, and other Business Operations Managers to drive scope, requirements, prioritization, resourcing, and workflow management
- Provide weekly team updates on design program status, roadmap changes, resource utilization, and overall team performance to improve team efficiency and impact
- Participate in quarterly and annual planning sessions to help deliver well-defined roadmaps for greater transparency across the teams
- Anticipate and identify interdependencies, competing priorities and potential risks across multiple product and engineering teams with proposed solutions to remove roadblocks
- Forecast future headcount and manage budgets to efficiently and effectively scale the CX, Design and Research teams by balancing product backlogs with new roadmap initiatives
- Measure the impact of programs both quantitatively and qualitatively
- Evangelize team achievements to the broader consumer organization
- Help individuals connect their work back to McAfee’s mission, vision, and values to build a stronger team culture while empowering individuals to do the best work of their lives
- A natural leader and empathetic connector who thrives on building impactful relationships across complex organizations
- Proven processional program management experience, product consulting, product management, or project management experience with design teams or similar
- Superior time management, resource management, prioritization, and problem-solving skills
- Proven track record of leading and influencing multi-disciplinary teams to deliver high-quality work
- Clear written, verbal and visual communication with evident skills in negotiation and conflict resolution
- Hands on experience working in a scrum environment with technology teams
- Proficiency in project collaboration and management tools (JIRA, Slack, Asana, MS Excel etc.)
- Highly proactive, willing to take ownership, requires limited oversight
- Knowledge of the design process and coordinating creative output a strong plus
- Ability to travel up to 15%
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.