Senior Cloud Development EngineerPrimary Location Canada, Waterloo Date posted 07/28/2021
Job Title:Senior Cloud Development Engineer
Role Overview:The Sr. Cloud Development Engineer will be part of the team building ‘Personal Protection Service’ that will protect our customer’s digital lives everywhere and on every device. You would be adept at cloud technologies and have expertise in development in public cloud environments. You will have firm understanding of cloud engineering concepts and best practices. As the technical landscape shifts you will have a short learning curve and quickly adapt to new technologies and toolsets.
McAfee is a leader in personal security for consumers. Focused on protecting people, not just devices, McAfee consumer solutions adapt to users’ needs in an always online world, empowering them to live securely through integrated, intuitive solutions that protects their families and communities with the right security at the right moment.
About the Role:
- Design and development on AWS cloud platforms using Golang/Node/Python /.NET/C# on Linux.
- Creating detailed design specifications, test and performance guidelines.
- Research and innovation on the embedded platform to find solutions to challenging technical problems.
- Design\Develop\Test Cloud micro services.
- Troubleshoot production incidents.
- Participation in an Agile Development in SCRUM method.
- 8+ years of experience in cloud software development.
- 3+ years of experience working with public cloud (AWS preferable).
- Hands-on experience and proficiency in latest version of Golang programming on Linux. Understanding of Golang toolchain and hands-on experience of utilizing it.
- Hands-on experience with one or more of the following technology stacks – Java\Python\Django\Tornado, Node.js, in-memory storage stacks like Redis, Memcached, messaging frameworks (like Kafka, NATS).
- Preferable to have experience in at least one NoSQL database (e.g. Cassandra, HBase etc.)
- Preferable to have experience in continuous delivery environment using test driven development.
- Sound expertise in Linux scripting, debugging and troubleshooting.
- Solid understanding of protocols such as DNS, HTTP, SSL, REST.
- Excellent knowledge of design patterns, cloud architecture and cloud security.
- Knowledge of ‘Continuous Deployment’ technologies and Infrastructure As Code (using Terraform) is a plus.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.