Senior Cloud Software Development EngineerPrimary Location Canada, Waterloo Date posted 01/11/2022
Role Overview:Role Overview:
As a senior cloud developer, you will report to an engineering manager within the Consumer Platform group. You will contribute to the back-end solutions for several consumer products using diverse technologies and best software development practices. You will work where innovation and experimentation are a given. You will demonstrate mastery in technical leadership and security-first mindset.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build excellent products and solutions.
About the Role:
- Develop cloud solutions that promote standards, security, and efficiency across the ecosystem.
- You would have a firm understanding of cloud engineering concepts, best practices and Linux platform.
- Building cost efficient and performance infrastructure on the AWS cloud platform.
- Create detailed design specifications, test and performance guidelines.
- Research and innovation to find solutions to challenging technical problems.
- Important player on an agile development team.
- You have experience developing, and debugging of cloud software in Linux-based environments.
- You are proficient in programming with the latest version of Golang, understanding Golang's toolchain and hands-on experience using it.
- You have experience in a continuous delivery environment using test-driven development.
- You have sound expertise in Linux scripting, debugging and troubleshooting.
- You are experienced with network protocols and have excellent knowledge of cloud design principals, cloud architecture, and cloud security.
- You have experience of deployment and management of server- side software on AWS platform.
McAfee is a leader in personal security for consumers. Focused on protecting people, not just devices, McAfee consumer solutions adapt to users’ needs in an always online world, empowering them to live securely through integrated, intuitive solutions that protects their families and communities with the right security at the right moment.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.