Senior Cloud Software Engineer - AWSPrimary Location Canada, Waterloo Date posted 09/13/2021
Job Title:Senior Cloud Software Engineer - AWS
Role Overview:Does the thought of applying your passion for UI/web development to secure the digital lives of millions around the world excite you? McAfee is looking for a Senior Cloud Software Engineer with experience in creating solutions on the AWS or Azure platform. You will report to the Manager of Software Engineering. The focus of this opportunity is helping McAfee build and deploy services in the cloud that follow the industry best practices and help keep our customers safe.
McAfee is a leader in personal security for consumers. Focused on protecting people, not just devices, McAfee consumer solutions adapt to users’ needs in an always online world, empowering them to live securely through integrated, intuitive solutions that protects their families and communities with the right security at the right moment.
About the role:
- Key responsibilities are design and development/deployment and operation of services and solutions on AWS cloud platforms using Golang/Node/Python and .Net Core/C# on Linux.
- Create detailed design specifications, test, and performance guidelines.
- Research and innovation on the embedded platform to find solutions to challenging technical problems.
- Troubleshoot production incidents.
- Participation in an Agile Development in SCRUM method.
- You have 7+ years of experience in software development industry
- You have 3+ years of experience of development, deployment and management of server-side software such as of .Net Core/C#/Golang programming and the entity framework..
- Sound expertise in Linux scripting, debugging, and troubleshooting.
- You are passionate about cloud technologies and keep yourself up-to-date
- Mentor others on the team, including development and industry best practices
- You have experience with the following technology stacks – Python\Node.js, in-memory storage stacks like Redis, Memcached, messaging frameworks (like Kafka, NATS).
- Preferable to have experience in SQL database (e.g. Aurora\MySQL, etc.)
- Preferable to have experience in a continuous delivery environment using test-driven development.
- Have open minds to new ideas
- Excellent knowledge of design patterns, cloud architecture and cloud security.
- Knowledge of 'Continuous Deployment' technologies and Infrastructure.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.