Senior Devops Engineer - RemotePrimary Location Canada Date posted 26-Apr-2022
Role Overview:In a world where large data breaches are becoming more frequent, we are offering you a rare opportunity to influence and contribute to an interesting and important part of McAfee’s Consumer business that protects our customers’ data (and that of their customers). We are looking for someone who is passionate and a big believer in design review, code review, automation and best practices of DevOps, has an interest in cyber security and data protection, and wants to join our collaborative team as a Cloud Operations Engineer to help improve the high-quality of our corporate encryption product family. You will report to the DevOps Manager.
This is a remote position based in Canada. We will only consider candidates in Canada, and we are not offering relocation assistance at this time.
About the Role:
- In partnership with Senior Engineers and Leaders, drive the design, implementation of our public Cloud automation platform including CI/CD, repositories, environment provisioning build-up, tear-down.
- Design and manage CI/CD platform stability and scalability on tools like Jenkins, TeamCity, Harness, Artifactory, Cloudbees, and other services that allow for multiple releases/day, roll-forward/back, and developer visibility.
- Support our development teams across multiple properties in an agile delivery environment.
- Implementation of Infrastructure as Code for provisioning using tools such as Terraform and Gruntwork.io, Kuberntes.
- CD Platform selection and integration with Agile software delivery model and tooling.
- Code pipeline Observability, reporting, and metrics.
- Help to define and drive development teams to quicker feature delivery.
- Recommend improvements and augmentation to existing SDLC model in partnership with other Development team leads.
- Automate and build integrations, bots, and APIs for managing the lifecycle of our systems, applications and data.
- 5+ years managing and monitoring Linux systems and/or Windows servers.
- Previous experience as part of a DevOps Tools or CI/CD Team supporting Cloud applications, preferably for large-scale consumer cloud products.
- 5+ years managing CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Git, Gitlab, in multiple product and service environment.
- 5+ years leading the design and implementation of Cloud systems in AWS using tools like Kubernetes, Helm, Terraform, Puppet, Chef, Jenkins or Ansible.
- 5+ years of experience working with programming languages such as .Net, Java Python, and Go.
- 2+ years building and integrating APIs and webhooks between applications and services in a DevOps Toolchain.
- Previous experience handling multiple concurrent projects while partnering with senior engineers across DevOps, SRE, and Software Development teams.
- A deep understanding of cloud-scale and micro/macro-services architectures, experience in operating high performance, highly scalable, self-healing and fault-tolerant multi-tenant SaaS based applications.
- Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects.
- Demonstrated ability to work with 3rd party vendors and consultants.
McAfee is a leader in personal security for consumers. Focused on protecting people, not just devices, McAfee consumer solutions adapt to users’ needs in an always online world, empowering them to live securely through integrated, intuitive solutions that protects their families and communities with the right security at the right moment.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.