Senior Front-End Software DeveloperPrimary Location Canada, Waterloo Additional Location(s) Canada, Toronto Date posted 04/08/2021
Job Title:Senior Front-End Software Developer
Role Overview:Does the thought of applying your passion for UI/web development to secure the digital lives of millions around the world excite you? McAfee is looking for creative UI/Web developers to help us build its trusted consumer products, web platforms and services. We dig deeper into real customer problems to provide a streamlined solution that makes customers' lives easier. You will report to the Sr Mgr, Software Engineering. You will be part of a development team that prides itself in striving to delight McAfee customers. Join the customer-obsessed team!
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
From device to the cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both businesses and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats for consumers at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best-in-class products and solutions.
About the role:
- You will develop and debug complex software in multiple UI and web technologies.
- You will determine best coding practices, development tools, and validation requirements.
- Yo will architect and develop the next generation PC security app
- Work with multiple technologists in the company and within the industry, including developers and project managers, to evaluate the feasibility of requirements and determine priorities for development
- Enjoy learning new things.
- You will have a passion for taking on complex challenges and finding creative solutions.
- Enjoy helping people so that they are not stuck.
- You will have 10+ years of progressive experience in software development
- You will have a solid understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and workarounds
- You will have substantial experience developing and debugging web applications for a variety of browsers
- You will have a solid knowledge of code assessment and debugging skills.
- You will have experience with the software development process, optimization techniques, and testing methodologies.
- You will have good development habits, including unit testing, CI, and automated testing.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.