Senior Product DesignerPrimary Location Waterloo, Ontario Date posted 06/30/2020
Job Title:Senior Product Designer
As a Product Designer, you will report to the Manager, Product Design. You will play an important role in this transformation by creating and leading the delivery of excellent experiences for a variety of projects. You will help teams visualize an experience in the abstract, dive into customer research and data analytics, break down complex requirements, and use storytelling to masterfully communicate interaction and design concepts to a diverse team member audience. The work you do at McAfee will positively influence the lives of millions of consumers around the globe every day.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
About the Role
- You will provide extraordinary experiences for consumer products based on customer research, data analytics, and industry trends
- You will promote a mobile-first design strategy to achieve responsive, and seamless experiences across all digital devices
- You will facilitate design workshops with product management, engineering, marketing and other teams to explore multiple concepts with clear user goals and testable hypotheses
- You will create user flows, journey maps, interaction patterns, information architecture, wireframes, storyboards, design specs, and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- You will participate in design sprints, daily stand-ups, sprint planning, and lean product testing
- You will measure and present actual UX outcomes using qualitative and quantitative methods
- Obsessed about the customer experience (CX), never settling for good enough and inspiring others on the team to do the same
- Experience driving UX designs for large-scale digital products for leading brands
- Stunning portfolio that displays a spectrum of innovative design solutions from concept to launch
- Current skills in multiple areas of UX design (research, IA, interaction and visual)
- Experience building clean design artifacts (user flows, journey maps, service blueprints, wireframes, prototypes, specifications, and documentation)
- Experience working in an iterative/agile manner to dramatically improve prototypes quickly
- Mastery of standard design tools (Figma, Sketch, Principle, Adobe CS, and Invision)
- Early adopter who enjoys staying current on technology, design, and industry trends
- Experience with lean experimentation and test & learn (T&L) methodologies
- Comfortable working with virtual teams across multiple time zones and geographies
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.