Senior Product ManagerPrimary Location Waterloo, Ontario Additional Locations Date posted 01/22/2019
Title: Senior Product Manager – Consumer Digital Security Portfolio
Location(s): Waterloo, ON Canada
ROLE: Senior Product Manager – Consumer Digital Security
The McAfee Consumer Product Management team is looking for an accomplished Senior Product Manager who will be responsible for defining worldwide vision, strategy, and metrics for products in the McAfee Consumer portfolio. This includes web protection, antimalware, password management, cross-device capabilities, identity protection, family protection, and others. These products are used by 10s of millions of users each month.
Simply put, make the McAfee product portfolio the best in the industry for consumers, evidenced by growing the user base, revenue, increasing retention, and driving high customer satisfaction.
We are looking for extremely entrepreneurial individuals. You will have a deep understanding of what it takes to drive product ideas through execution by working closely with different stakeholders in an AGILE framework. If you have a passion to define new experiences, in an environment where new technology becomes obsolete within a year, this is a role for you. Reach out to us and we would like to get to know you better.
This position will be based out of our Waterloo, ON Canada office.
- Establish and communicate your portfolio strategy by articulating the key outcomes necessary in the market, and key product tactics for success.
- Drive alignment and execution among senior leaders of cross-functional teams including software development, sales, marketing, operations, and others.
- Present to executive members of key partners & customers in order to establish product / market fit.
- Prioritize effectively optimizing an endless array of possibilities into the ones that will deliver the greatest results to the business.
- Bring Lean and AGILE principals to your key initiatives to learn quickly and course-correct on the fly.
- Demonstrate end-to-end accountability for major software releases by working across product management and marketing structures to move ahead the highest priority strategic initiatives. There will be key contributions from multiple other groups which you will need to represent and guide.
- Partner with User Experience Design to ensure focus on the highest areas of opportunity for buyers and users of the primary McAfee products.
- Develop hands-on, in-depth knowledge of competitive products and maintain technical analysis of competitive strengths and weaknesses to inform the roadmap.
- Serve as a product expert and evangelist for McAfee Consumer products.
- 8+ years of experience in product management, preferably in consumer software, with demonstrated experience growing user bases
- Demonstrable experience delivering successful user-focused applications in the market that increase satisfaction
- Good understanding and experience with data driven decision making in defining new opportunities or enhancing existing offerings
- Strong technical competence, paired with proven business acumen and cross-functional collaboration skills
- Hands-on experience interacting with executive decision makers at customers and channel partners – preferably with some experience at OEMs
- Strong problem solving skills along with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have experience with cross-functional teams that include engineering, sales, and marketing, plus demonstrated effectiveness in interacting and communicating with executive management
- Proven experience driving numerous parallel initiatives
- Must have managed products / feature areas through an entire software development lifecycle
- Software security experience is a plus, but a proven product management track record in any space is most important
- Willing to travel up to 15%
Shift 1 (Canada)
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.