Senior Software ArchitectPrimary Location Canada, Waterloo Additional Location(s) Canada, Toronto Date posted 07/29/2021
Job Title:Senior Software Architect
Role Overview:We are looking for someone who is passionate about Designing and Architecting systems, has an interest in cyber security and data protection, and wants to join our collaborative team as a Senior Software Architect to help us improve the high-quality of our corporate encryption product family. You will report to the Senior Engineering Manager within the Consumer Endpoint Partner Team.
Working at our Canada Development Center, you will exhibit an understanding of technical skills and have experience analyzing requirements, able to understand impact on existing systems and come up with an all-encompassing solution, independently.
McAfee is a leader in personal security for consumers. Focused on protecting people, not just devices, McAfee consumer solutions adapt to users’ needs in an always online world, empowering them to live securely through integrated, intuitive solutions that protects their families and communities with the right security at the right moment.
With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work towards a common goal of shaping our future by designing and building the best robust and scalable security products for our consumer customers.
About the Role:
- You will design and develop the next-generation cloud-based solutions for McAfee Consumer Partner Platform Integration and maintenance of projects.
- You will work with multiple technologists, Senior Architects and Principal Engineers across organization to write design artifacts, develop and code review for newer compliant APIs to build the Partner Platform.
- You will strategize and engage with different partners and take a broader look at how their businesses are evolving, and what they need from us and what platforms we need to create to stay ahead of those needs.
- You will partner with developers, development managers, product managers, and Partners to evaluate feasibility of requirements and determine priorities for development across Geographically locations
- You will survey new technologies, create proof of concepts, contribute to path finding, and provide vision for Platform strategy
- You will be customer obsessed and focus on the McAfee Consumer Partner Platform, to stay competitive in the market place and drive scale during product adoption into different go to market segments
- You will have 10+ years of experience spanning at least two IT disciplines, including technical architecture, application development, middleware, database management
- You will experience as a solutions architecture and evaluate architectural alternatives for private, public and hybrid cloud models, including IaaS, PaaS, and other cloud services
- you will be an expert for our cloud end-to-end architecture, including AWS and future providers, networking, provisioning, and management
- You will develop a library of deployable and documented cloud design patterns, based on the Consumer Partner Platform portfolio, as a basis for deploying services to the cloud
- Ability to back decisions with research and the "why," and articulate several options, the pros and cons for each, and a recommendation
- Provide expertise in industry and to fellow team members across business and technical project dimensions solving complex business requirements
- You will have experience providing sizing, capacity and cost estimation; help develop cost benefit cases and co-develop solutions.
- You will have experience with Cloud Native Design Patterns Services including micro-services, docker, kubernetes etc.
- Experience in open source platforms like Node.js, Python or Go.
- Have broad experience in Relational and NoSQL databases, messaging, integration, caching, identity and access management, DevOps.
- Have experience driving platform engineering to bring out standardization and reusability for the programs of large scale across the organization.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.