Senior Software Developer - C#Primary Location Canada, Waterloo Date posted 09/13/2021
Job Title:Senior Software Developer - C#
Role Overview:Does the thought of applying your passion Software Development to secure the digital lives of millions around the world excite you? McAfee is looking for a for Software Developer who has good experience in C# and Dot Net technologies. You will be an important contributor to McAfee Consumer DevOps – Endpoint Team. You will report into the Manager of Software Quality Engineering. Working at our Canada Development Center, you will exhibit an understanding of technical skills and have experience analyzing requirements, able to understand the impact on existing systems and come up with an all-encompassing solution working with various DevOps McAfee. In a world where large data breaches are becoming more frequent, we are offering you a rare opportunity to influence and contribute to an interesting and important part of McAfee's Consumer business that protects our customers' data (and that of their customers).
McAfee is a leader in personal security for consumers. Focused on protecting people, not just devices, McAfee consumer solutions adapt to users’ needs in an always online world, empowering them to live securely through integrated, intuitive solutions that protects their families and communities with the right security at the right moment.
- About the Role:
- You will design, develop, test and deploy robust products and services that are fast, scalable and responsive to enable the Endpoint product development lifecycle.
- You will be an active participant delivering on our mission to ensure the delivery of quality software, faster, with the right mix of human interaction and automation.
- You will understand the existing systems and participate in the support and maintenance activities.
- You will be focused on operational excellence and will work with product/engineering teams to gather requirements and implement the same.
- You will develop high-quality services for the defined specification targeting high service scalability and uptimes.
- You will work with more junior members to help them develop their software engineering skills.
- You will review product requirements, specifications and technical design documents and provide accurate feedback.
- You will conduct peer review code changes from other developers on parts of a product source code.
- You will stay current with technology trends & factor this into current design and implementation.
- You understand the big picture, take initiative to solve the problem and identify opportunities for refactoring code.
- Expertise in Full stacks or MEAN stack development
- You have experience designing, implementing scalable, secure and high performance systems.
- You have experience in databases such as SQL.
- Experience working with Agile teams
- Experience in cloud technologies such as AWS or Azure is required.
- You have knowledge using multiple common code, data and development tools (e.g. Git and GitHub Enterprise, JIRA, Confluence, Visual Studio, shell scripting, SQL, databases)
- You have knowledge, developing large-scale consumer-focused applications
- Experience in Frameworks like Angular, Node, React would be a plus
Experience in Development Process Automation (Unit Test Automation, Code Coverage Automation, Continuous Integration
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.