Senior Software Developer UI - RemotePrimary Location Canada Date posted 01-Aug-2022
Role Overview:Does the thought of applying your passion for UI/web development to secure the digital lives of millions around the world excite you?
McAfee is looking for a creative Senior Software Engineer, UI/ Web Front-End developer. You would assist in building trusted consumer products, web platforms and services. You will help the design, develop, and maintain web-based UI technologies that work with back-end services. We dig deeper into real customer problems to provide a streamlined solution that makes customers' lives easier. You will report to the Senior Manager, of Software Engineering, as part of a development team that prides itself in striving to delight McAfee customers.
This is a remote position in Canada. We will only consider candidates currently in Canada and are not offering relocation assistance at this time.
About the role:
- You will be part of a team that focuses on building world-class consumer security products
- You will develop and debug complex software in multiple UI and web technologies.
- You will determine best coding practices, development tools, and validation requirements.
- Work closely with both product owners and designers to fully understand business requirements and design philosophy
- Work with Front end and Back-end developers to design, implement, test new features, and troubleshoot complex issues
- Work with QA and automation engineers to deliver high-quality deliverables within a challenging timeframe
- You will have a passion for taking on complex challenges and finding creative solutions.
- You will have 7 years of experience in software development web/UI technologies
- You will have 3+ years of programming in ReactJS, Redux, NodeJS and HTML/CSS
- You will have substantial experience developing and debugging web applications for a variety of browsers
- You have strong knowledge of object-oriented concepts.
- You will have a solid understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and workarounds
- You will have experience with the software development process, optimization techniques, and testing methodologies.
- You will have good development habits, including unit testing, CI, and automated testing.
- You will create the best UX experience for customers
McAfee is a leader in personal security for consumers. Focused on protecting people, not just devices, McAfee consumer solutions adapt to users’ needs in an always online world, empowering them to live securely through integrated, intuitive solutions that protects their families and communities with the right security at the right moment.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.