Senior Software Engineer, Android- REMOTEPrimary Location Canada Date posted 07-Mar-2022
Role Overview:The VPN Engineering team is looking for a full-time versatile Android Software Engineer with a focus on VPN technology and an eye for security.
This is a remote position in Canada. We will only consider candidates currently in Canada and are not offering relocation assistance at this time.
We are looking for a generalist with a passion for networking and open-source to help us build the next generation of obfuscation, privacy, and security software for customers around the globe. The Android SDK helps millions of devices to secure their connections.
While we build new features in Kotlin and maintain old Java code, we do dedicate some time to Kotlinfy java code. We pat ourselves in the back about our low crash-free sessions rate but we really take pride when 0 critical issues are found during third party audits on our apps.
About the Role:
- Develop and maintain our cross-platform VPN SDK
- Knowledge share through code reviews and mentorship
- Work with our connection analytics and censorship circumvention teams to improve our VPN network
- You will get exposure to building the software that runs on a network of VPN servers distributed in 47+ countries.
- The work will draw on development, security, networking, and configuration experience, and as a result, you can expect to grow into a sharper, more flexible, and versatile programmer.
- You can also count on being surrounded by an inclusive, helpful team to support and strengthen challenges alongside you.
- We are a small team, so naturally, the kind of people who tend to succeed in our team are generalists.
- You are comfortable in dabbling with all forms of development, such as occasionally tweaking our iOS client app or backend API
- You have 5 plus years of experience in Android SDK.
- You will have Android SDK understanding and about the lifecycle. Someone that's not afraid of working with lower-level libraries like OpenSSL.
- We prefer that you have the ability to learn and work on other stack.
- Your work will draw on security, networking, software design, and debugging experience, and as a result, you can expect to grow into a sharper, more flexible, and versatile programmer
McAfee is a leader in personal security for consumers. Focused on protecting people, not just devices, McAfee consumer solutions adapt to users’ needs in an always online world, empowering them to live securely through integrated, intuitive solutions that protects their families and communities with the right security at the right moment.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.