Senior Software Engineer - CloudPrimary Location Canada, Waterloo Additional Location(s) US, Texas, Plano; US, Texas, Plano; Canada, Toronto Date posted 05/05/2021
Job Title:Senior Software Engineer - Cloud
Role Overview:Role Overview:
We are looking for someone who is passionate about data engineering and software development, has an interest in cyber security, and wants to join our collaborative team as a senior software development engineer to help drive high quality business and engineering insights of McAfee's consumer family of security products. You will report to an Engineering Manager within the Consumer Product Engineering Team.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
Working at our Waterloo development center – one of the most vibrant tech cities in Canada – you will exhibit an understanding of all aspects of software development, data engineering, design, governance, automation, analysis and reporting. You will also have the capability to quickly learn new data technologies in a fast-paced and dynamic big data environment while engaging with product engineers, data consumers, stake-holders and other engineers on the team.
In a world where digital security is becoming more and more important, we are offering you a rare opportunity to help grow McAfee's data-driven culture for better business, engineering and customer outcomes, so that we can continue to lead the way in protecting consumers' digital lives.
About the Role:
- You will design, implementing and deploying core data platform services to cloud
- You will use PaaS & SaaS to operationalize our data platform
- You will optimize the data platform performance
- You will determine and govern our platform's Service Level Agreements
- You will provide architecture designs to provision new integrations
- You will perform the responsibilities and rituals of an agile development lifecycle
- You will work with a team and cross-team members.
- You will create and use development, test and analysis tool chain to help automate software quality
- You will have 8+ years software development experience
- You will have experience using public cloud AWS and/or Azure
- You will have experience working with a big data platform services such as DataBricks,Amazon Athena, RedShift, and SnowFlake
- You will have experience with data modeling, data access, and data storage techniques
- You will have experience leading projects and architecting large-scale systems
- You will have experience in object-oriented programming using Python and/or C++
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.