Senior Software EngineerPrimary Location Canada, Waterloo Date posted 01/13/2022
Role Overview:We are looking for someone who is passionate about data engineering and software development, has a strong interest in cyber security, and wants to join our collaborative team as a Software Development Engineer to help drive high-quality business and engineering insights of McAfee's consumer family of security products. You will report to an Engineering Manager within the Consumer Product Engineering Team.
About the Role:
- You will develop, and deploying core data platform services to the cloud.
- You will use PaaS & SaaS to operationalize our data platform.
- You will improve the data platform performance.
- You will establish and govern our platform's Service level agreements.
- You will provide architecture designs to provision new integrations.
- Perform the tasks and rituals of an agile development lifecycle.
- Work with team and cross-team members to design, develop, debug and release quality products.
- Create development, test and analysis tool chain to help automate software quality.
- Develop and improve our CI/CD process.
- Curate and manage telemetry, data flows, and workflow automation to help the business understand and improve outcomes.
- You will have experience with cloud-based technologies using one or more from: Amazon Athena, Redshift, DataBricks, Kafka, SnowFlake or Kinesis.
- You will have experience building ETL pipelines, In-depth knowledge of distributed systems and data flows
- You will have experience building large-scale data platform infrastructure
- You will have experience with Data Integration, Business Intelligence and Analytics tools and/or any other open source and self-service analytics tool (Airflow, Azure Data Factory, Tableau Software experience)
McAfee is a leader in personal security for consumers. Focused on protecting people, not just devices, McAfee consumer solutions adapt to users’ needs in an always online world, empowering them to live securely through integrated, intuitive solutions that protects their families and communities with the right security at the right moment.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.