Senior UX ResearcherPrimary Location Waterloo, Ontario Date posted 06/29/2020
Job Title:Senior UX Researcher
As a Senior User Experience (UX) Researcher, you will report to the Manager, UX Research. You will bring a user lens into the way McAfee ideates, builds and measures its consumer products. Using the power of empathy and data you will help create extraordinary experiences that protect people’s digital lives.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
About the Role
- You will design and conduct generative research studies across multiple products to find meaningful and actionable insights about our users’ needs, attitudes, behaviors, pain points and preferences.
- You will collaborate with product leaders, designers, developers and other partners to build customer empathy.
- You will partner with data analysts to balance quantitative data with qualitative user insights to uncover how our users use and feel about our new and existing products.
- You will present essential research findings in memorable and creative ways.
- You are obsessed with solving user problems.
- Facilitation skills – design thinking or other types of workshops where you’ve pulled together important partners to make magic!
- Quantitative research experiences a major plus!
- You have a portfolio demonstrating your research abilities using different approaches, showcasing your ability to connect data points and learning from multiple studies to influence.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.