Software Architect VPN - RemotePrimary Location Canada, Waterloo Additional Location(s) Canada Date posted 22-Jun-2022
Role Overview:The McAfee Engineering team is looking for an experienced and passionate full- time Software Architect to join our VPN team and help us build and grow our network that is used by millions of customers around the world.
As part of the team, you'll be working closely with Infrastructure, Client, Data, and Security specialists to create experiences that keep our users secure, private, and more confident online. You will get exposure to building and optimizing the software that runs on a network of VPN servers distributed in 50+ countries. The work will draw on design, development, security, networking, and data experience. You can also count on being surrounded by an inclusive and helpful team that will support, strengthen, and tackle challenges alongside you.
This is based in our Waterloo office or a remote position in Canada. We will only consider candidates currently in Canada and are not offering relocation assistance at this time.
About the Role:
- Expertise on network & security related technologies, prior experience working on VPN software stack would be ideal
- Exposure to OpenStack & related technologies is a bonus
- Ensure best engineering practices are maintained through code reviews and mentorship
- Review the design for the backend APIs used by our clients, the SDK, and infrastructure that manages our VPN network
- Collaborate with our connection analytics and censorship circumvention teams to improve our VPN network
- You can lead technical architecture discussions
- You enjoy creating open-source tools or SDKs for mobile & desktop platforms
- You're data-driven and you have a strong understanding of SQL, and relational database design.
- You have exceptional ownership and pride over your projects and can work outside of your usual comfort zone
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills, ability to tailor communication-based on the audience (business vs. technical)
- You get bonus points for knowledge of anti-censorship and privacy technologies
McAfee is a leader in personal security for consumers. Focused on protecting people, not just devices, McAfee consumer solutions adapt to users’ needs in an always online world, empowering them to live securely through integrated, intuitive solutions that protects their families and communities with the right security at the right moment.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.