Software Development Co-OpPrimary Location Waterloo, Ontario Date posted 02/06/2020
Job Title:Software Development Co-Op
Come work for McAfee, where you'll find a challenging, fun environment, and people that love teamwork. Help us develop apps to catch the bad guys before they mess with the good guys - our customers. This 4 month Co-Op is based in Waterloo, Ontario Canada.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. McAfee helps businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously and collaboratively. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats at home and away. With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building best in class cyber security solutions.
About the Role
As a Software Development Co-Op you will gain hands-on experience with writing code, code reviews and improving our processes.
- Write code according to product requirements
- Own and maintain high-quality code for one or many software components
- Provide input on any other developer’s code
- Provide your technical expertise and feedback on product sub-systems, app research, design, analysis, testing, process improvement, and troubleshooting
- Fix bugs quickly, keeping an eye out for quality
- Review code changes that other developers made on parts of a product source code
- Demonstrate that your code is complete by finding creative ways to develop test automation.
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent during the co-op
- Background include 3 months of experience with software development and programming is required
- Background include 3 months of experience with developing professional-grade software with C/C++ for Windows is required
- Background include 3 months of experience with Win32/64 technology and product development is required
- Passionate about practicing secure coding and unit testing is preferred
- Working knowledge of test automation and continuous integration is preferred
- Ability to follow software development best practices to ensure quality
- Comfortable working in a team environment and is at ease with communicating with any one on the team
- Must be able to commute to Waterloo, Ontario.
- Authorized to work in Canada without requiring sponsorship or visa.
Company Benefits and Perks:
Our corporate culture and values are central to McAfee’s philosophy. Every day we embrace a more diverse workforce and inclusive environment. We are encouraged to bring our true selves to work. Our wide range of social communities & programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits, all allow our employees to feel valued as people, while enjoying positive and challenging work.
Check out more: Careers & Life at McAfee.
Perks may include:
Pension / Retirement Programs
Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Programs
Paid Time Off
Support for Community Involvement
Unleash your Power … Join our Talent Network: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Student / Intern