Software Development EngineerPrimary Location Waterloo, Ontario Additional Locations Date posted 01/22/2019
Amazing organizations don't just happen. Vision, strategy and innovation come to life through exquisite execution. Help create the future of McAfee, where our diverse talent and culture provide the competitive advantage to help McAfee win big! At McAfee, Together is power.
The role: Software Development Engineer
Work Location: Waterloo, Ontario
With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building the best in class robust and scalable security products for consumer and enterprise customers. As industry top performers, we aim to develop optimized high-performance system software solutions with high availability and reliability.
This is where you come in. We are looking for a new leader who defined by his/her unique and innovative skills, style or point of view.
As a Software Development Engineer, a typical day might include following:
- Developing consumer security software for Web Browsers and Windows PC to be used by millions of people around the world
- Performing the duties and rituals as an active member of an agile development team
- Designing, Developing, Debugging and Releasing products built to integrate with Web Browsers and also for Windows PCs
- Developing user interfaces and interactions
- Developing the test and analysis tool chain to help automate and improve software quality
- Testing our product releases to ensure we meet our rigorous quality standards
- Curating and managing telemetry, dataflows and workflow automation to help the business understand and improve business outcomes
- Participating in deep data analysis on big data systems to bring nuanced perspective to a complex userbase
- Interfacing with Product Management, Project Management, Customer Experience and Design, Technical Support and other groups responsible for the development and support of our McAfee Consumer Products
- Experience developing browser extensions and/or applications; web technologies
- Experience working in Agile and with Agile teams
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science (or related field); Equivalent experience will be considered
You are good at:
- Dealing with high-concurency environments and the primitives used to manage them
- Understanding and negotiating trade-offs in software requirements and design
- Collaborating, analyzing, documenting and converging on software design in a large group
You are awesome at:
Solving problems and making a difference in the world
Quickly learning and using various common code, data and development tools and technologies, like SVN, TFS, git, wikis, Visual Studio, shell scripting, SQL, databases and big data systems
To relentlessly protect all that matters through leading edge cyber security, from your workplace to your home and everywhere in between.
To enable a world where cyber security is so consistent, reliable and effective that it becomes a trusted foundation in our lives – like clean air and water. Our technology enables the world to fully realize the transformative power of the digital age, by protecting all that matters. By doing our job well, we drive limitless innovation, securely.
We live our values day in and day out, do you think you can live our values with us? If you can, don’t think, just connect with us. Together is power.
We achieve Excellence with Speed and Agility We Play to Win or Don’t Play We Innovate without Fear We Practice Inclusive Candor and Transparency We Put the Customer at the Core
Join our Talent Community: http://careers.mcafee.com/
Shift 1 (Canada)
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.