Software Performance Tools Development Co-OpPrimary Location Waterloo, Ontario Date posted 02/06/2020
Job Title:Software Performance Tools Development Co-Op
McAfee is hiring a Software Development Win 10S Co-Op to report to the Consumer Products Business Unit. Come work for McAfee, where you'll find a challenging, fun environment, and people that love teamwork. Help us develop apps to catch the bad guys before they mess with the good guys - our customers. This 4 month Co-Op is based in Waterloo, Ontario Canada.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. McAfee helps businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously and collaboratively. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats at home and away. With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building best in class cyber security solutions.
About the Role
We're looking for a co-op to join a project with a lot of new C# development, to help with web UI, automated / unit tests and other related software development work as needed and depending on skill level.
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent during the co-op
- Skills including 1 year of experience with C#
- Working knowledge (6 months) in HTML/CSS from class projects or work experience
- Working knowledge (6 months) in Databases/SQL from class projects or work experience
- Working knowledge in Windows development from class projects or work experience
- Skills in development of automated (unit, component, integration etc) tests
- Preferred skills in the following: Win32 API, p/Invoke, Microsoft SQL Server, ASP.Net MVC, Telerik Kendo UI (jQuery and MVC versions)
- Any knowledge in REST-based APIs and communication protocols is preferred
- Understanding of network-related software development is preferred
- Understanding of client/server-related software development is preferred
- Must be able to commute to Waterloo, Ontario.
- Authorized to work in Canada without requiring sponsorship / visa.
Company Benefits and Perks:
Our corporate culture and values are central to McAfee’s philosophy. Every day we embrace a more diverse workforce and inclusive environment. We are encouraged to bring our true selves to work. Our wide range of social communities & programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits, all allow our employees to feel valued as people, while enjoying positive and challenging work.
Check out more: Careers & Life at McAfee.
Perks may include:
Pension / Retirement Programs
Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Programs
Paid Time Off
Support for Community Involvement
Unleash your Power … Join our Talent Network: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Student / Intern