Sr. Automation EngineerPrimary Location Waterloo, Ontario Date posted 01/10/2020
Job Title:Sr. Automation Engineer
We believe that no one person, product, or organization can fight cybercrime alone. It’s why we rebuilt McAfee around the idea of working together. People working together. Products working together. Organizations and industries working together. Our goal is to spread this collaborative attitude to our customers, partners, even competitors. All uniting to overcome the greatest challenge of the digital age—cybercrime—and making the connected world more secure.
This position will be responsible for development, test automation and testing as part of a scrum team (Agile). The primary responsibility will be the effective assurance of product quality through the execution of the test strategy, including, test automation, code inspections, peer reviews, and white-box testing.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. McAfee helps businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously and collaboratively. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats at home and away. With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building best in class cyber security solutions.
About the Role:
- Automation Test Area - API testing and Web Services (SOAP, REST, HTTP, JSON)
- Perform activities like Test planning, strategy and design framework.
- Use McAfee Automation Framework tools to develop automated data driven test cases
- Build black and white box test automation that is effective, fast, robust, and maintainable
- Build deploy and maintain applications in automation infrastructure.
- Solid Understanding different types of test automation frameworks
- Developing functional automated tests
- Diagnose, track and manage quality issues to resolution
- Working with onshore and offshore team members and help them with technical/QA related issues.
- Native App automation is added value.
- Passionate about product, process and people
- Problem solver, relationship builder, influencer in all directions
- Able to keep yourself and others on an even keel
- Supportive; it is in your nature to ensure that team’s success is your success
- A mentor who is energized by growing, motivating and leading global teams
- Solid knowledge and understanding of RESTful or SOAP web services
- Knowledge and understanding of technology testing: web-based applications developed in .net or Java framework
- Knowledge and understanding of technology testing: unit, integration, and system testing
- Experience creating and executing test scripts
- SQL programming and database technologies.
- Working experience on Windows for both GUI and command line interfaces
- Experience with Agile tools
- Curiosity to learn the newest techniques and technologies
- Self-motivated and able to work well under pressure
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively bridge cross-functional teams and divisions
- Ability to multitask within a dynamic environment where priorities are revised to keep pace with a highly competitive industry
Company Benefits and Perks:
Our corporate culture and values are central to McAfee’s philosophy. Every day we embrace a more diverse workforce and inclusive environment. We are encouraged to bring our true selves to work. Our wide range of social communities & programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits, all allow our employees to feel valued as people, while enjoying positive and challenging work.
Check out more: Careers & Life at McAfee.
Perks may include:
Pension / Retirement Programs
Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Programs
Paid Time Off
Support for Community Involvement
Unleash your Power … Join our Talent Network: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.