Sr. UX Content DesignerPrimary Location Waterloo, Ontario Date posted 10/04/2019
Job Title:Sr. UX Content Designer
As a Sr. Content Designer on our UX team, you’re the voice of McAfee inside our apps and products. You’re writing interface content that builds trust, sparks joy, and communicates clearly with our customers across their product journey. Your writing matters.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. McAfee helps businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously and collaboratively. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats at home and away. With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building best in class cyber security solutions.
About the Role:
- Collaborate with designers, developers, product managers, and program managers to build remarkable digital experiences
- Plan, write, and test interface content that ensures our customers know what to do and how to do it
- Work with other Content Designers to review each other’s work and produce a consistent McAfee voice
- Communicate with project teammates and subject matter experts to gather info and explain what decisions and testing informed your content
- Use tools like Figma and Validately (we can show you the ropes)
- Juggle multiple projects and priorities
- Be an ambassador for content within McAfee, and demonstrate that clear, consistent language is key to a great customer experience
- You're empathetic and have a collaborative mindset
- You have a strong portfolio of your writing, preferably including UI and/or web content
- You're skilled at maintaining content standards while adapting to different audiences and personas, and this shows in your writing portfolio
- You understand user-centered design and the role of content within the design process
- You’re influential and can explain your content decisions, while still remaining open to feedback
- You have educational and/or professional experience in English, Professional Writing, Technical or Marketing Communications, or any related field that helped you develop your excellent writing skills
- You have proven professional experience in UI or web writing, copywriting, and/or user experience design
- You're flexible and will occasionally work hours that accommodate team members in other times zones
Company Benefits and Perks:
Our corporate culture and values are central to McAfee’s philosophy. Every day we embrace a more diverse workforce and inclusive environment. We are encouraged to bring our true selves to work. Our wide range of social communities & programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits, all allow our employees to feel valued as people, while enjoying positive and challenging work.
Check out more: Careers & Life at McAfee.
Perks may include:
Pension / Retirement Programs
Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Programs
Paid Time Off
Support for Community Involvement
Unleash your Power … Join our Talent Network: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.