UI Automation Software EngineerPrimary Location Waterloo, Ontario Date posted 03/23/2020
Job Title:UI Automation Software Engineer
We believe that no one person, product, or organization can fight cyber-crime alone. It’s why we rebuilt McAfee around the idea of working together. People working together. Products working together. Organizations and industries working together. Our goal is to spread this collaborative attitude to our customers, partners, even competitors. All uniting to overcome the greatest challenge of the digital age-cyber-crime, and making the connected world more secure.
McAfee is looking for a UI Automation Engineer who will help build UI development, test automation and testing as part of a Scrum Team (Agile). The primary responsibility will be the assurance of product quality through the development of the test strategy, including, test automation, code inspections, peer reviews, and white-box testing. You will report to the Software Engineering Manager.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
About the Role:
- Automation Test Area - API testing and Web Services (Python, REST, HTTP, JSON).
- Perform activities like Test planning, strategy and design framework.
- Use McAfee Automation Framework tools to develop automated data-driven test cases
- Build black and white box test automation that is, fast and easy maintenance.
- Build deploy and maintain applications in automation infrastructure.
- Solid Understanding different types of test automation frameworks
- Develop functional automated tests
- Diagnose and track quality issues to resolution
- Work with onshore and offshore team members and help them with technical/QA related issues.
- Passionate about product, process and people
- Mentor who is energized by growing, motivating and leading global teams
- Proficient in software development process, optimization techniques, and testing methodologies
- Expert in Object-oriented Programming concepts
- Knowledge of technology testing: unit, integration, and system testing
- Excellence in creating and executing test scripts
- SQL programming and database technologies.
- Expert in Windows for both GUI and command line interfaces
- Experience with Agile tools
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.