Group Product Manager, Consumer Mobile SoftwarePrimary Location Plano, Texas Date posted 07/27/2020
Job Title:Group Product Manager, Consumer Mobile Software
US, Texas, Plano
McAfee Consumer is looking for a data-driven, customer-focused, and energetic Product Manager. The role wil report into the Director of Product Management and be part of the Consumer Cloud Segment team responsible for developing best-in-class mobile experiences that can reach 100’s of millions of users. This individual will work with internal and external stakeholders to build a customer-centric mobile experience that will integrate features from across the McAfee consumer portfolio, focusing on user flow optimization driving higher installation, activation, engagement, and monetization.
You will partner with Design, Engineering, Sales, and Marketing to accelerate market traction for our next-generation products that redefines how we protect consumers. Being at the center of technology, the business, and the end user, your job will be to prioritize and develop a product roadmap and drive the team towards building a meaningful experience that delights customers and solves their problems in ways the customer understands.
We are looking for extremely entrepreneurial individuals. You will have a deep understanding of what it takes to drive product ideas through execution by working closely with different stakeholders in an AGILE framework. If you have a passion to define new experiences, in an environment where new technology becomes obsolete within a year, this is a role for you.
Reach out to us and we would like to get to know you better.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
About the Role:
- Responsible for defining the mobile product strategy and roadmap and communicating across the consumer organization
- Present to executives why the prioritized items on the roadmap is important for the business
- Drive alignment and execution among senior leaders of cross-functional teams including software development, sales, marketing, operations, and others
- Identify unmet or underserved customer needs and understand how to build experiments to validate solutions to address those needs
- Analyze market, product trends, and competitive landscape to drive business cases for new opportunities
- Prioritize product improvements based on obsessing over analytics and product feedback to meet and exceed key performance indicators
- Partner with design and engineering to build new protection experiences for non-technical users
- Communicate requirements (through tools like Confluence/Jira) and success metrics for the product to align the team on what to deliver and why it adds value
- Serve as a product and subject matter expert to help in pre and post sales customer engagements
- 10+ years experience in a consumer facing product management role
- Demonstrable examples of delivering delightful and habit forming consumer mobile experiences that lead to user growth
- Possesses a diverse, adaptable skill-set, including product management, software delivery, B2B2C deployment models and end user engagement
- Familiar with applications that support various OS platforms (e.g. Android, iOS, Chromebook), as well as knowledge on cloud services
- Influence and lead a team that functions as a tightly integrated, accountable, and customer-focused unit
- Practioner of lean and AGILE principals to drive key initiatives to respond to changing market and user sentiment
- Use experimentation and user research to help drive feature prioritization and defining the roadmap
- Can easily go from having a technical conversation with engineering to presenting to an executive audience
- Excellent written, presentation, and analytic skills to easily go from having a technical conversation with engineering to presenting to an executive audience
- Software security experience is a plus, but a proven product management track record in any consumer space is most important
- Experience with Confluence or Jira a plus
- Willing to travel up to 15%
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.